The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-05-2020, 11:19 AM

Default Incoming! Used Martin 00-28

Used Martin 00-28's in good condition aren't so highly common in stores. I just pulled the trigger on one at a distant GC, after spending time in conversation with the salesperson, who was knowledgeable. The current policy on returns is 6 months (!). So, for a $20 investment in shipping cost to the local store, I will get a chance to try out this guitar that has been confirmed to be in great condition.

You can see from my signature that I own a wide variety of guitar brands, but no Martins. Even though some of my guitars are inexpensive, they all were great sounding good values that I thoroughly researched before buying. My playing has evolved to small bodies and mostly fingerstyle, so this one should be a good fit. We'll see, but there was little to lose in taking the chance.

Thought others might want to know about the 6 month return policy currently in place.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:17 PM

Nice score. Would love to see some pics.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:05 PM

Nice, congrats on a sweet new guitar. I love the Martin 14-fret 00s. I have a killer 00-18 -- big sound in a nice comfortable body.

You can't beat that return policy. I picked up a used OM-28v from GC a few weeks ago and am loving it.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:40 PM

I've had two and they were both very nice, congratulations!
Old 06-05-2020, 09:30 PM

Default yup

What year? Never heard of anyone giving a 6 month return....I'd look deeper into that
Old 06-05-2020, 10:00 PM

Six month returns happens to be Guitar Center's current return policy. Look it up! Great opportunity to try something out.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 06-06-2020, 01:40 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoretti49 View Post
Six month returns happens to be Guitar Center's current return policy. Look it up! Great opportunity to try something out.
Yeah, it’s usually 45 days, which is way more than enough to fully assess an instrument and know if it’s for you - I rarely have anything I decide not to keep more than a few days. But they’re not doing anything in-store at most locations yet - you can buy a guitar for curbside pickup, but they’re not taking returns at the stores that aren’t fully open yet and they’re not buying any used gear at those stores either. So I guess they just extended the return period during Covid to spur sales so nobody would hesitate because they’d have to ship back a return.

I just ordered a couple of used electrics to pick up at a nearby store (across state lines in a tax free state). I’ll return at least one and maybe both, but probably not until one of my nearby stores is open for walk-in business so I don’t have to ship them back. Guitar Center has its advantages and disadvantages, but the ability to really check out used gear (from a huge inventory) risk free is a huge plus in my experience.

I’m sure once they have their stores open around the country again, their return period will go back to 45 days, but as the virus moves around and spikes in some places as it ebbs in others, who knows when that will be?

-Ray

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion