The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-28-2016, 05:05 PM

Default ended up with 2amps

my fender champion 40 was a bust- when i played it here i just couldnt get the sound to agree with my hearing, cant explain it, but it didnt hit the sweet ear spot, guitar center sent it and i saw it was damaged, my wife actually noticed it, but the amp was dropped or hit (open box- like new they said)- but the one side was cracked and smashed- so i took it back and got a refund, went to a pawn and found a VOX AD30VT for $80- looks great, i tried it here and this is amp working out for me-so many features and sounds ill be busy a LONG time, then for my acoustic electric, it never did sound right plugged into anything, it just sounded like a cheesy $5 electric, i seen a Epiphone studio acoustic 15C, the guy said i can have it for $25 since i got the amp, i figured ok, it has a mike input, so if nothing else i got that, gawd-i plugged my acoustic into this thing, the sound was fantastic! i couldnt believe it, not many features on it, only the basics and a chorus, but for it has, it does a terrific job- thats it, back to football, john
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 12-29-2016, 10:57 AM

Yup a dedicated acoustic amp makes a big difference. Looks like a good start to the new year.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:31 PM

I've owned the older vox 30, and my son currently uses the newer Valvetronix 20. It takes some experience to get a full rich clean tone the way you want it, but for anything with the slightest grit, I feel the Valvetronix are one of the easier amps to get a good sound out of.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars