The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 06-17-2011, 09:04 AM

Default Video: Building Guitars Out of Found Objects & Other Stories

Thought this would be the appropriate section to share this short documentary on NYC Artist/Guitarist Mark Nilsen I produced for my blog Guitarkadia.

Would love to know what you think.

http://guitarkadia.com/emon/document...st-artist-nyc/

thanks,
Emon
Old 06-17-2011, 07:31 PM

Nicely done, Emon. I liked his suitcase guitar.

gits: good and plenty
chops: snickers
Old 06-17-2011, 08:01 PM

I enjoyed it as did both my young sons.

My 4 year-old son in particular was fascinated by the nontraditional musical instruments. For the past few months he's been practically addicted to a computer-generated imagery & animation video entitled "Animusic" which basically features virtual representations of similar instruments. I saw his attention perk up when he saw a real life "stick figure" bass guitar made out of a 2x4, a couple of turnbuckles and some wire from a hardware store.

My autistic 7 year-old son also seemed to enjoy seeing some of the instruments demonstrated.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitnoob View Post
Nicely done, Emon. I liked his suitcase guitar.
Yep, he can certainly carry a tune! ;-)

Thanks for watching!

Emon
Old 06-18-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwakatak View Post
I enjoyed it as did both my young sons.

My 4 year-old son in particular was fascinated by the nontraditional musical instruments. For the past few months he's been practically addicted to a computer-generated imagery & animation video entitled "Animusic" which basically features virtual representations of similar instruments. I saw his attention perk up when he saw a real life "stick figure" bass guitar made out of a 2x4, a couple of turnbuckles and some wire from a hardware store.

My autistic 7 year-old son also seemed to enjoy seeing some of the instruments demonstrated.

Hi Neil,
Thank you and both your sons for watching! A friend of mine after watching the video said to me she was so inspired by Mark that she wanted to wake up her two kids, 7 and 2, and learn to build instruments.

I've recently spoken with Mark and he's trying to get grant to help teach and educate kids about building and playing instruments. He's a very active member of NY arts scene so I wish him well.

best,
Emon

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair