The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-02-2021, 09:04 AM

Default Eastman warranty guitar replacement

Two years ago I bought an Eastman PCH as a campfire guitar. I love this guitar and it plays an sounds great for a guitar in the $300 range. I bought this one, and an Eastman E1D, from Cream City Music in Wisconsin. Recently, I noticed a crack in the neck, and it appeared that the scarf joint at the peghead had failed. I take good care of my guitars and this one has not been dropped or mishandled. I contacted Cream City by email, and the same day I got a reply from the owner/general manager at Cream City, who said he had forwarded my description and pictures to his Eastman representative. The next day, Mark Herring, Eastman regional sales manager, called my phone to set up the return of the damaged guitar. We later exchanged emails, and he sent me a return label for my guitar. I just received the new replacement guitar, well set up, and ready to go.

Now, this is a low-end guitar, two years old, sold by Cream City on their eBay site. Regardless, Cream City treated me as a valued customer. Mark Herring at Eastman apologized for my trouble and shipped my new guitar out the same day my damaged guitar arrived at Eastman. I am happy to report that good customer service is alive and well at Cream City, and Eastman does does honor their warranty.
Yamaha FGX 720SCA
Rogue resonator
Eastman E1D 2019
Takamine GS330S
Eastman PCH
Old 09-02-2021, 09:09 AM

That's nice to hear!
Old 09-02-2021, 09:13 AM
Charter Member

I wonder what they do with the guitars sent for repair if they just do a full exchange and send you out a new one. Do they fix and sell? Run it through a band saw? Must be cheaper for them to just send out a new one. It is a bit of a crap shoot that you'll get one you like as much, as guitars of the same model do vary.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:19 AM
Charter Member

In a world of online negativism and store or brand bashing it is great to hear that some retailers and manufacturers still believe in customer service.

Thank you for sharing your positive experience.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

I had a 3-year old Eastman E20P. The bridge on it developed a bad crack.

I emailed Eastman and asked if I could buy a new bridge. They asked for my address and sent me a new one. For free!

Outstanding company that makes excellent instruments.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:24 AM
Charter Member

As the owner of two Eastman instruments this is good to know. Thanks for sharing this positive news!
Old 09-02-2021, 09:28 AM

In this world, crap happens. Bindings come loose, necks warp, bridges crack. Just the way it is, and no builder is immune. It's not that those things happen, it's how they deal with them when they do.

As an owner of 3 Eastman acoustics, this is good news for me. I'm really glad to hear they took such good care of you. It says a lot about their business practices and intent. Yet another reason to consider one, right?
Old 09-02-2021, 10:22 AM

Before I bought my E20P earlier this year, I was asking around regarding what kind of customer support Eastman provides. To be honest, no one seemed to know since I couldn't find anyone who had experienced a problem with an instrument they owned.

I took that as a good sign. The above accounts are even more reassuring.

I have been nothing but happy with my Eastman, it pretty much exceeded all my expectations and just keeps sounding better and better.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

That's good news.
Here in the UK warranty issues on US made and US distributed items are transferred to the retailer.

If had insultingly bad after sales service from one well known small factory builder, (un-named) and exceptionally good service from Collings.

I have a friend who has a cracked bridge on an Eastman and if anybody has an Eastman contact for the UK/EU. please pm me.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

The well run business knows the $300 guitar buyer of today is the $3000 guitar buyer of tomorrow.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 09-02-2021, 01:24 PM
Charter Member

Thx for sharing. Sometimes wood just “fails” through nobody’s fault. Very nice to read about Eastman’s response and your positive experience!
Old 09-02-2021, 02:36 PM

That's really great! I've always been impressed with Eastman's customer service. They go above and beyond.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:11 PM
Charter Member

I'm not surprised..

Years ago I bought a new Eastman AC 2 OM

The neck had a bit of a twist , so I sent a picture to Eastman, and they agreed, and said to send the guitar back to them, and they would send me a new one

Eastman is an outstanding company with outstanding products and service
Old 09-02-2021, 06:44 PM

The guys at Cream City are good to do business with. I bought a really great Martin D18 from them. Great folks.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:52 PM

On the general theme of superb customer service, please allow me to add my remarkable experience with John Pearse strings. As a newbie changing strings for the first time I managed to break my low Estring, so I called up Pearse and their only question was about making sure they had my correct mailing address so they could send me a new string, and when the package arrived it seemed too large for just one string and it was because they added a full package of new strings gratis. It doesn’t get any better than that in my opinion. Mary Faith at JP even left me a text inquiring if I was all set or had any questions. Above and beyond. And in this day and age, that level of customer service is very memorable.

AMI-Guitars Left Handed DMC-1STEL 1

Recording King Dirty 30s Series 7 Parlor

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion