The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-18-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
Brucebubs,

Yes, it should come with striped convex back.

RichardBe,

Possibly, it will be the first Doff jumbo in the USA Are you in the US of A?
I'm in Australia but I have seen Doff guitars listed on 'Worldwide' Ebay.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird
Old 06-04-2019, 07:45 PM

Hi, everyone. I see this is an old thread, but I just recieved my Doff 7-string classical (RGC-7) and I'm frankly impressed with it for the price. I've just tuned it up, and of course I haven't learned anything in the open G tuning, but the quality is good and the tone is quite passable, and I'm hoping it will improve when it's played in. I'll keep you posted as I go along.
Best, and keep playing,
Chris.
Old 03-07-2020, 07:46 AM

So, how did you purchase of the Doff Guitar pan out? Did you like it?
Old 08-30-2020, 07:32 AM

Thumbs up Doff Guitars Do It!

Dear Fellow Thrill Seekers (TE fans): This is VERY important news for us. DOFF GUITARS. Remember this, write it down, take a screenshot... whatever. But do check out DOFF GUITARS out of Russia ASAP.

They now offer an all solid wood Maton Body TE "The Mouse" homage guitar. All solid. No laminates. No birch.

I found out about DOFF GUITARS just 2 days ago and immediately researched them and communicated fully with them and ordered their TE Maton Body (maple) model. I stumbled on them while searching for a "budget" Maton-esque like TE's guitar with SOLID Maple B&S (and of course solid Spruce top). They are great guitar loving communicators. They understand people like us.

I am 70 years young and I am a true steel string acoustic guitar expert player collector aficionado. I am no George Gruhn. No, I am NOT affiliated with DOFF GUITARS. Yes, I always had a day job in Corporate America. Acoustic steel string guitars are my true life passion. NAMM member and frequenter. Owned 30 Taylors. Lived close to Elderly Instruments. 45 years deep experience in the steel string acoustic guitar business. I still actively perform.

I'm knowledgeably betting Doff guitars will prove to be another hidden gem. Like certain particular model steel string guitars made by, to name just a very few (of many hidden gems out there) Farida, Harley-Benton and Strunal.

I believe I will soon own several Doff guitars. Their TE guitar is minimalist and simple (matte finish, with or without electronics). I've been told their version "has it" and "does it" very wonderfully (tone and playability wise) and the pricing is very budget friendly.

I ordered the least expensive TE version with no electronics and free shipping. That model currently sells for $355 U$A. Free case. Can order worry free from Reverb.

They started up focused guitar building in 2002 but their stringed instrument building legacy goes back hundred(s?) of years.

What a special blessing for us "guitar poor" (as Doyle Dykes says) TE Thrill Seeking fans. DOFF GUITARS. You will be thrilled and amazed. I am still smiling about this.

I am Cliff Adelman, aka "The Steel String Man" in Delray Beach Florida and "I approve this message".

Making music is what's most important.

DOFF GUITARS out of Russia. DOFF GUITARS. Peace and Love. I can confidently say in advance... "I told you so!"
Old 08-30-2020, 09:47 AM

Default Also patiently waiting for my Doff

I'm also waiting for my Doff guitar.

I decided to go with the 037, seen here:
https://doffguitar.com/shop/guitars/...ff037/?lang=en

I do have concerns about the small body size, but I decided to give them a chance.

I liked what they said about being true to their history, and preserving the tradition of their country’s instruments, while also trying to do something different.

Last edited by MikeB1; 08-30-2020 at 09:49 AM. Reason: web link didn't work
Old 08-30-2020, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

Don't they also make beer? Doh.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion