The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 08-13-2021, 08:38 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Default Christmas in August!

Yeah, well. That's what happens when you are working on an animated show and you want the Christmas show to be delivered on time. I am recording parts for and mixing an urban-esque version of "O Holy Night." The beat is reggae-ish and the production is fairly large. Not a guitar in sight!

Hilarious.

Bob

THE MUSICIAN'S ROOM (my website)
Old 08-13-2021, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Yeah, well. That's what happens when you are working on an animated show and you want the Christmas show to be delivered on time. I am recording parts for and mixing an urban-esque version of "O Holy Night." The beat is reggae-ish and the production is fairly large. Not a guitar in sight!

Hilarious.

Bob
Hi Bob

You BE feelin'
The back-BEAT strongER
For the NEXT week OR two…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 08-13-2021, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:

Hilarious.

Bob
Interesting...

I remember reading comments from Nat Cole who recorded his several versions of "The Christmas Song" ("Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire") during the months of June, July, and August.

It would take some mental adjustment to be recording a Christmas song in the midst of the hot summer months in North America.

- Glenn
Old 08-13-2021, 12:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
…It would take some mental adjustment to be recording a Christmas song in the midst of the hot summer months in North America.

- Glenn
Hi Glenn…

Not for me, I sing Christmas Songs (and play them and listen to them) all through the year.

Is it tough for you, Bob?

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 08-13-2021, 01:02 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
Hi Glenn…

Not for me, I sing Christmas Songs (and play them and listen to them) all through the year.

Is it tough for you, Bob?
Not really. I have started working on my carols for guitar in order to be smooth for Christmas so it isn't a big stretch for me. Plus, I've done this a bunch of times. I remember working with Amy Grant on "Tennessee Christmas" somewhere around this time a while back. For some reason it just struck me as funny this time around.

Bob

Old 08-13-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Not really. I have started working on my carols for guitar in order to be smooth for Christmas so it isn't a big stretch for me. Plus, I've done this a bunch of times. I remember working with Amy Grant on "Tennessee Christmas" somewhere around this time a while back. For some reason it just struck me as funny this time around.

Bob
Tennessee Christmas was tracked in the old Mama Jo’s (now Dave’s Room) Studios right here in North Hollywood. As you know it’s old, musty, funky and grungy, but what a sound. They took some remaining over-dubs to Ocean Way Hollywood. Ocean Way in Hollywood anything but. I believe it ultimately was mixed at Air in London. I know Mac McAnally and Vince produced.

Impressive that you were involved. That stratospheric talent and stratospheric studios you’re working with.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:29 AM

Might as well have Christmas now...they`ll probably cancel it by the time December rolls around.
Old 08-14-2021, 05:43 AM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post
Tennessee Christmas was tracked in the old Mama Jo’s (now Dave’s Room) Studios right here in North Hollywood. As you know it’s old, musty, funky and grungy, but what a sound. They took some remaining over-dubs to Ocean Way Hollywood. Ocean Way in Hollywood anything but. I believe it ultimately was mixed at Air in London. I know Mac McAnally and Vince produced.

Impressive that you were involved. That stratospheric talent and stratospheric studios you’re working with.
Oh, this was back in the '90s and she was performing the song for broadcast. Don't get too high an impression of me. By the way, I love the new version of the song as well. And I'm tickled to hear that Mama Jo's is back up. That one slipped under my radar.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Womack; 08-14-2021 at 05:54 AM. Reason: added Mama Jo's
Old 08-14-2021, 12:56 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Hanna View Post

Would that Dave's Room be, Dave Pensado ?

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 08-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Guitar Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Would that Dave's Room be, Dave Pensado ?
Nope, the late Dave Bianco. He rescued the abandoned Mama Jo's and rebuilt it. Mama Jo's has a lot of history. Read about it, HERE.

Bob

Old 08-14-2021, 01:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Nope, the late Dave Bianco. He rescued the abandoned Mama Jo's and rebuilt it. Mama Jo's has a lot of history. Read about it, HERE.

Bob

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD