The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-02-2004, 12:59 PM

Default new Collective Soul - Youth

If you're a Collective Soul fan, you'll want this album. It's among the best work they've done to date, IMO.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

Of course, Ross (lead guitar) is no longer with the band. He is one of the best lead guitarists around, I think, so I wasn't sure how it would be without him. Truth be told, i miss his leads. That being said, the songwriting and production of this cd is incredible. Very well written, intelligent songs. I like every song on it, and some are really exceptional. You'll be happy you picked it up.

Oh yeah, they created their own record company. It's not affiliated with Clear Channel or the big boys, so chances are you won't be able to hear it on the public airways.

Last edited by sully; 12-02-2004 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:02 PM

I've had the cd since the day after it came out and I have to agree it's an excellent cd. There's not a bad song on the cd. But, I agree, I do miss Ross's guitar work.

-Chris
Old 12-03-2004, 05:16 PM

Hey thanks for the heads up, I'll have to check it out. Been a soul fan for long time.
Billy <><

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification