The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-22-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollypolly View Post
My new favorite is a les Paul special, all natural mahogany finish, humbuckers with cream trim. Just a solid guitar and very easy to play short scale. I used to prefer on fenders but I’ve come around. My next favorite is a ‘69 tele thinline. I’ve decided after several attempts that I don’t like strats.
Those trimmed down Les Pauls and SGs are fantastic guitars. What are the humbuckers in your Les Paul Special?
Old 05-24-2022, 07:20 AM
Charter Member

Right now I am really enjoying this one
Malaysian Blackwood Tele,, P-90's

Posted this over in Show and Tell last week with some fills

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 05-24-2022 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-09-2022, 11:15 PM

I might own the most 'plain Jane' PRS I've ever seen. It's a '93 CE24 made of Ash or Alder with absolutely zero 'bling' at all. But it's super light and when you play chords on it the whole guitar resonates... acoustically it's almost as loud as the Eastman thinline semi-hollow I have. The pickups are incredible and it does clean sounds that I've never had the like of from another guitar.

I gigged this thing for years and the only thing that ever bugged me about it was the rotary switch for pickup selection. I got used to it eventually, but at first I couldn't switch pickups mid-song and nearly traded it because of it. So glad I didn't. I would save this one from a fire just because it's earned me money and it helped to make playing in a godawful ;requests' cover band a little bit more fun than it would've been otherwise.

Yamaha MIJ CJX32
Avalon L32
Avalon A32 Legacy
Lowden 022
Gibson J-185
Takamine TNV360sc
Cole Clark Fat Lady 3

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars