The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-09-2022, 08:16 AM

thanks man!

I came out really nice.

and believe it or not, got the best price on Amazon..

I still have the linky, if interested

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)
Old 05-09-2022, 08:32 AM

Holy Moley, that looks wonderful! Terrific paint, hardware and the dot neck looks perfectly period correct! Enjoy it all the time! A job worth waiting to see.
frank d.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:32 AM

I don’t have any Jaguar projects at the moment but thanks.
They look great, reminds me of my first real electric guitar, a used Jaguar back in the late 60’s…
Old 05-09-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Holy Moley, that looks wonderful! Terrific paint, hardware and the dot neck looks perfectly period correct! Enjoy it all the time! A job worth waiting to see.
frank d.
I was able to apply the base coat. My son's buddy works at an Autobody shop with his Dad, they offered to do the clear coat for me. That was the icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitararmy View Post
I don’t have any Jaguar projects at the moment but thanks.
They look great, reminds me of my first real electric guitar, a used Jaguar back in the late 60’s…
had lots of fenders myself, never had an offset. It does not play like something I put together. I'm really happy with the end product

Not sure I'll go for another rebuild like this tho.

The electronics were a real puzzle to sort out. The schematics I was given were all wrong, I had to hire that part of the job out, and it even took a skilled tech who does this all the time a few days to get it right.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Guild F1512
Old 05-10-2022, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
. . . The electronics were a real puzzle to sort out. The schematics I was given were all wrong, I had to hire that part of the job out, and it even took a skilled tech who does this all the time a few days to get it right.
I can't even imagine how confusing the wiring would be on that. But it is drop-dead gorgeous! Congrats and great job!
Old 05-10-2022, 08:06 PM

Wow!! Absolutely beautiful job!
Old 05-11-2022, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPappy View Post
I can't even imagine how confusing the wiring would be on that. But it is drop-dead gorgeous! Congrats and great job!
Thats GoPappy

That wiring is unlike anything I've ever tried.

It's over the top really, but the switching options are really cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_In_Tampa View Post
Wow!! Absolutely beautiful job!
thanks Rick! I took my time, and it did exceed what I expected a bit

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Guild F1512
Old 05-11-2022, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
I was able to apply the base coat. My son's buddy works at an Autobody shop with his Dad, they offered to do the clear coat for me. That was the icing on the cake.

had lots of fenders myself, never had an offset. It does not play like something I put together. I'm really happy with the end product

Not sure I'll go for another rebuild like this tho.

The electronics were a real puzzle to sort out. The schematics I was given were all wrong, I had to hire that part of the job out, and it even took a skilled tech who does this all the time a few days to get it right.
Great job on the Jaguar! in the second finished pic it looks a lot like the one I did last May. I also went with a dot neck as I'm not fond of big block inlays and bindings on a Fender.

As for the electronics in Jags, it's one of my favorite circuits, it's so versatile. I removed all the stock wiring in mine, and then wired mine from scratch, but I am very experienced with guitar wiring. I remember searching for the right schematic, and I don't remember anyone of them showing the right ground path. I had to draw one out myself.

What gauge strings did you use on yours? And did you have to use a neck shim?

Here's mine...

I f you are not familiar with this guy, check out his videos as he really knows his way around Jaguar setup, and he offers up a lot of tricks...

Old 05-12-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Great job on the Jaguar! in the second finished pic it looks a lot like the one I did last May. I also went with a dot neck as I'm not fond of big block inlays and bindings on a Fender.

As for the electronics in Jags, it's one of my favorite circuits, it's so versatile. I removed all the stock wiring in mine, and then wired mine from scratch, but I am very experienced with guitar wiring. I remember searching for the right schematic, and I don't remember anyone of them showing the right ground path. I had to draw one out myself.

What gauge strings did you use on yours? And did you have to use a neck shim?

Here's mine...

I f you are not familiar with this guy, check out his videos as he really knows his way around Jaguar setup, and he offers up a lot of tricks...

thanks for that Rockabilly69!

The photos look more blue, due to the phone's color tinting. it's a seafoam geen in good lighting with the phone camera it shows up a little better.

The grounding was the issue I had to over come, as I mentioned I did have to that out. the wiring of these just not my wheel house

I will def. check out that vid.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Guild F1512

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars