The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-08-2014, 10:40 AM

Default My Dell'Arte dreadnaught

My Dell'Arte dreadnaught. A wonderful guitar for flatpicking and fingerpicking. John S. Kinnard built this for me in 2005. Adirondack spruce top, figured mahogany back & sides, forward shifted scalloped bracing. You can hear it HERE

Old 12-24-2014, 04:06 PM

And it took ten years to post it? LOL. When I get mine built by John the whole world will see it.

I've posted many times about my respect for his Dell Arte's.
Old 12-27-2014, 10:48 PM

I like the creative marketing of your new Christmas music. Very nice playing. How about some more details about what you enjoy about the guitar?
Old 12-28-2014, 08:14 AM

Very nice arrangement, beautiful playing, beautiful guitar. Thank you!
Old 12-29-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstar View Post
I like the creative marketing of your new Christmas music. Very nice playing. How about some more details about what you enjoy about the guitar?
Sure!

First of all, the tone is just crazy good. It is a very well balanced guitar for recording. It does both fingerpicking and flatpicking equally well. I plays much easier than my Taylor (riffs I stumble with on my Taylor seem to come much easier on this guitar). Living/gigging in Nashville there are usually some great players in the crowd at every gig, and I get a lot of compliments from musicians on the live tone I get with this guitar (LR Baggs Anthem --> LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI --> PA).

Secondly, it was built by a very cool guy. John Kinnard, although in his 60's, still surfs every weekend, is a gifted painter/artist & jewelry maker, and just an all around good guy. I really enjoyed working with him. I met him because my folks bought a condo outside of San Diego and he was their neighbor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop