The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-08-2021, 12:42 AM

Default Lady Laiton's Almain (John Dowland)

Lady Laiton's Almain

Composer: John Dowland (1563 - 1626)

https://youtu.be/FFF86EY1FlA

John Dowland (1563 - 1626) was an English or possibly Irish Renaissance composer, lutenist, and singer. Although Lady Laiton's Almain is quite upbeat, Dowland is noted for indulging his taste for melancholy as is clear from the titles of many of his works, such as Melancholy Galliard, Flow My Tears, and others. His instrumental music has undergone a major revival, and with the 20th century's early music revival, has been a continuing source of repertoire for lutenists and classical guitarists.

An almain, also known as alman or allemande (meaning German) is a dance form originating in the Renaissance Period and is commonly found in later suites of the Baroque Period, e.g., the lute and orchestral suites of J.S. Bach.

The guitar arrangement of Lady Laiton's Almain is selected as one of RCM (The Royal Conservatory of Music) level 4 repertoire. Here are more details:

String 6 = D
Time Signature: 4/4
Tempo: 92-104 BPM

My Youtube Channel
Old 05-08-2021, 01:48 AM

That sounded very nice and woke me up gently this morning, noticed you avoided barre chords.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyrondack View Post
That sounded very nice and woke me up gently this morning, noticed you avoided barre chords.
thanks for watching!
yes there is no barre chords in the RCM arrangement

My Youtube Channel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell