The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-07-2021, 02:34 AM

I have a Zoom G1on too. It has spent most of its life in the loop of a practice amp to supply (mostly) one effect at a time. Delays, reverbs, tremolo, etc. I also programmed a couple of electric patches for headphone use, Fender amp with reverb, Fender amp with Tube Screamer in front, and a general purpose acoustic patch with some compression, eq and a little reverb.

The effects are mostly as good as individual pedals and on top of that it can be powered from a 9v adapter or USB and lasts ages on 4 AA batteries. Well worth the £37 I paid for it.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:03 AM
Charter Member

I gig with the Zoom G1Xon, the same as the one the OP uses but with an integrated expression pedal, which I have set as a volume pedal in all patches. Given that the only effects I really use are chorus and delay, it more than meets my needs.
Old 05-07-2021, 06:20 PM
Charter Member

I used digital multifx live for a long time.

Every effect you need in one small package.

When I started getting serious about recording, I A/B'd my GT10, And My Lexicon rack system against good old analogue pedals.

No contest.

My electric as well as my acoustic board now are all analogue.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:30 AM

For 10 years I used a Korg AX1500G multi-effects pedal. A large beast incorporating a volume/wah/expression pedal but one of the most intuitive pieces of kit I have ever owned, and extremely easy to use at home or live. By and large the quality of the different effects is good enough for stage but less good for studio.
Today I have a Pedaltrain 24" Novo board with a dozen high quality pedals. It's fine for home or studio but calls for a lot more tap-dancing liventhan the good old Korg, which I still use occasionally.
Old 05-08-2021, 05:31 AM

I love effects with my acoustic, in fact 99.9% of the time my guitar is plugged in, the effects i use are delay, chorus, tremolo, which i get from a Fishman toned eq, and they are analogue, but i use them very very sparingly, reverb comes from my two amp, AER compact 60 and a Fishman l/b mini, i also have a Boss rc3 looper and Digitech Trio + with the drums running through a powered monitor, with this set up i get the effects and loops in stereo. The Fishman toned eq is a bit pricy but it sounds great. The pedals are attached to a pedal board so it's easy to move around, although i don't gig. I'm completely happy with the sound and the options i have.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:57 AM

I like analogue for ease of use. I got tired of all the programming needed to use multi-effects pedals though some are very nice. I play out a lot and use a small pedal board with my single use pedals including digital delay, reverb, compression, tuner and vocal harmonizer.
Old 05-12-2021, 02:38 AM

CAN. O. WORMS.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification