The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-07-2019, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steev View Post
Hi Bruce,

Guitar Factory at Gladesville have several SJ-200s on their website at the moment.
Talk to Paul, the owner, he's a lovely guy.
If you click on the SJ's they're actually all sold out - none in stock.
By coincidence, I offered both my Martin guitars and my Huss & Dalton as a trade on their Eastman jumbo just last week - he wasn't interested in them.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

Last edited by Brucebubs; 12-07-2019 at 05:07 AM. Reason: checked site - none in stock
Old 12-07-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebubs View Post
By coincidence, I offered both my Martin guitars and my Huss & Dalton as a trade on their Eastman jumbo just last week - he wasn't interested in them.
OK, sorry about the bum steer.

Right then, road trip to Wildwood it is!
Old 12-07-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerFoodie View Post
Nice! Yeah, Frogs are pretty amazing guitars. In my guitar buying experience, I felt that a Froggy Bottom Guitar sets the bar for what I should expect in a boutique guitar. They are pretty sublime with this three dimensional shimmer that is just intoxicating.

They are not cheap. The alternative route is going used. If the guitar brings you that much joy and curbs your GAS for a good while, the price might just be worth it. The last thing I'll say, and this is kinda evil for me for saying it so I'll apologize in advance... Michael Millard has been building guitars for a long time. There will come a time when he will not be building anymore, so if you find one you like, you may want to move on it. They truly are special instruments.
Probably the only guitar I've ever played or owned that justified the axiom that you get what you pay for. My Olson at three times the price is long gone, if that tells you anything. . . .
Old 12-07-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucebubs View Post
You were going to trade a Huss & Dalton for an Eastman??? I have owned both and while they are both fine guitars the Huss & Dalton is a step above Eastman.
Old 12-07-2019, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

I turn to Wildwood often. I bought the AER 60/3 I have for sale on here from there, among a handful of guitars and other gear over the years!
Old 12-07-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
You were going to trade a Huss & Dalton for an Eastman??? I have owned both and while they are both fine guitars the Huss & Dalton is a step above Eastman.
I'm aware of the difference however I've come to the conclusion that I'm just a simple strummer and while my H&D is a superb guitar it's light build and amazing responsiveness is best suited for fingerstyle work.
Having said that, I really put it out there to test the waters and I'll happily keep it and my Martins if I can't find a suitable trade.

1972 - Takamine D-70
2014 - Alvarez ABT60 Baritone
2015 - Kittis RBJ-195 Jumbo
2012 - Dan Dubowski#61
2018 - Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo
2020 - Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1957 SJ-200
2021 - Epiphone 'IBG' Hummingbird

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion