The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-23-2011, 03:06 AM

Default olympus ls-20m vs zoom q3hd & can audio be edited?

apologies in advance, you've all been so helpful in my search/journey to get my music out there, attract new students and secure more gigs.

i'll worry about "studio" quality later, perhaps when i'm working on an actual record (nearly an obsolete term!?), for now i want to focus on creating a YouTube channell and accomplishing what i've noted above.

my choices seem to be the olympus ls-20m or the zoom q3hd - per the many reviews, it appears the olympus offers better quality in both audio and video. your thoughts/opinions would be appreciated!?

lastly, does anyone know if you can edit/fine-tune the audio once it's downloaded on your Mac, prior to posting on YT?

cheers in advance!

trow
FOR SALE: 2008 Montuoro 12-Fret Slope Shoulder Dreadnought - Brazilian Rosewood/Adirondack Spruce
FOR SALE: 2005 Custom Simpson GA-C - Ziricote/Redwood
Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 PM

Default "Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Anyone?"

pulled the trigger on the olympus ls-20m, actually got a decent price on it, especially considering EVERYTHING in the uk is AT LEAST 1.5 times more expensive!!!!!

anyway, should be here mid-week, i'll report back, ideally posting my 1st. attempts. i was told by an olympus rep that the audio can be edited within iMovie, garageband or anything else i have on my mac!?
FOR SALE: 2008 Montuoro 12-Fret Slope Shoulder Dreadnought - Brazilian Rosewood/Adirondack Spruce
FOR SALE: 2005 Custom Simpson GA-C - Ziricote/Redwood
Old 12-11-2011, 06:35 PM

Default Have you tried Audacity?

I run an Olympus LS10 routinely off the board for rehearsals and to monitor performances. I can snip good takes out, EQ, run a gamut of patching, adjusting tempo - you name it with Audacity - and its free. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/beta_mac

Michael
www.ygrr.org [Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue]
http://tinyurl.com/Michael-music [...the ongoing effort]
www.facebook.com/acousticdrivemusic [A small working band]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD