The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 11:00 AM
AGF Sponsor

Ooh, to be forewarned is to be forearmed.
Brazilian going under lock and key, Tom.
And actually, Bob has his own set, safely tucked away.

Looking forward to the visit, Bob!
And thanks for the kind words, all.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 05-04-2015, 01:12 PM

Default Rediculous

Yeah but mine doesn't look a bit like that!
Collings SJ Braz/Ger, 000-42Koa, UC3 Killer Koa
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 05-04-2015, 03:08 PM

No offence Bob, but Steve is it wrong of me to consider a background check before allowing visitors to the shop? Especially those with a hankering for BRW....
Old 05-04-2015, 03:16 PM

Default Background check...

Steve knows my background, too well! Why he keeps inviting me just demonstrates what grace is really all about!
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 05-04-2015, 03:44 PM

Yes there is no accounting for taste, he seems to think I am OK too and I am just barely tolerable!!!

I just looked at your signature for your Kinnaird...are all those woods in one guitar? Can you assign their jobs for me and possible picture???
Old 05-04-2015, 04:05 PM

Default Not quite....

I tried to get Steve to squeeze them all in one guitar put… Alas I had to get them in separate ones !
Old 05-04-2015, 04:42 PM

Holy smokes, I thought so, but I did not know. No wonder he likes you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
I wonder what you see in that figure of yours
WELL......the center strip looks like a totem pole to me with some sort of ceremonial bird on the top while over on the left side I see a coyote head in the swerving grain with a giraffe standing below it.

Yes, I wish I were kidding, but it is all there. I think besides wanting to quarter saw a birch tree I was cutting down over the weekend, there are deeper problems inside me somewhere!!!
Old 05-04-2015, 06:54 PM
Charter Member

I can kind of see the totem pole, but you lost me on the coyote and the giraffe! I'm almost seeing an alien (or maybe an angel) with wings. Beautiful set of woods, Tom--really looking forward to seeing it all come together.
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 05-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Charter Member

Default One BRW Theft with a VERY Happy Ending

Aloha,

Looks like a great guitar. BRW/Italian - among my favorite combos.

RE: "Over-Coveting BRW": Thirty-five years ago next month, I caught a coupla young local punks trying to leave my locked backyard workshop with hand powertools & some BRW & Koa lumber. Who knows how these kids even knew there was any value to the woods. They came in through a skylight - that's how small they were. I saw them moving around in the shadows through the window. It didn't matter.

As the thieves were leaving the shop slipping through the back door with my routers & woods, my friend's really mean pit-bull, who was in his truck (we were playing music inside my house), was waiting for them. He dove through the window.

" Sic em, Butchy!" The thieves got really tore up & bloodied & wished they were dead by the end - Butchy took care of both of them for a little bit & then we called him off. We then held them & called their parents instead of the police. We knew one of the fathers. After those dirty lickings & the dog, I'm sure they wished they really were dead. They apologized for months after the event. Many years latter, I even taught one culprit how to make an ukulele. Life's funny that way.

The BRW & tools were just fine. However, Butchy cancelled out a rash of burgularies that were happening in the neighborhood - as usual - right after the kids get out of school & start getting bored - at least for that year.

Happy ending. Plus-one! for this BRW lover!

alohachris

Last edited by alohachris; 05-04-2015 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
I can kind of see the totem pole, but you lost me on the coyote and the giraffe! I'm almost seeing an alien (or maybe an angel) with wings. Beautiful set of woods, Tom--really looking forward to seeing it all come together.

This is what I see, although I like angel with wings too, none the less, I am really happy so many of you think this wood is as pretty as Steve, Ryan, and I did.

Thank you so much.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:34 PM

Default Mutual...

Tom, the feeling is mutual (at least I hope it is)... He and Ryan make some of the best stuff on the planet!
Old 05-05-2015, 07:22 AM

Totem pole....check
Coyote.....check
Giraffe.....you've gone mad

EDIT: I think you have gotten your answer to your inlays! Maybe something tribal/wild?

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 05-05-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
Totem pole....check
Coyote.....check
Giraffe.....you've gone mad

EDIT: I think you have gotten your answer to your inlays! Maybe something tribal/wild?
Poor Marcus, it is standing right there as plan as day neck and head pointing left, legs and body appropriately placed below the neck....haha.
Old 05-05-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Poor Marcus, it is standing right there as plan as day neck and head pointing left, legs and body appropriately placed below the neck....haha.
I think I've gone mad too because I see it now maybe you will be spending more time watching the wildlife unfold rather than playing this Kinnaird

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop