The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-11-2019, 09:47 AM

Grace Felix is a wonderful piece of gear I will never sell again. My K&K- or Dazzo equipped instruments with DPA 4061 internal mics always sound amazing without using EQ (only some HPF on the internal mic). Soundmen always are happy and ask, what system I use after they fixed the gain and volume fader on their desk.
When it comes to speakers / amps I always prefer a QSC active speaker over an AER amp. To me the QSC sounds much more flat response than the AER stuff (it sounds very good, no doubt). True sound and less feedback are the benefits.

I got an Elite Acoustic stompmix 6 last week and played one gig with it. Vocal mic, instrument mic on boom stand, guitar PU, Weissenborn PU, dobro PU, mandolin, full EQ on each channel, reverb, programmable solo boost (I did the programming of the scenes for that purpose at home) - I could not be happier.
Less expensive than a Felix, great features and sound - so why not going this route ?

https://www.youtube.com/@roberthasleder1526

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification