The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-15-2022, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Default Fender Acoustasonic. 40

I'm looking to purchase an amplifier to play at a small shop located on a boardwalk near a beach. I plan to use the amp for vocals, guitar and possibly mandolin (clip on condenser mic for the mandolin). I wiil audition one of these, this week, at GC.

If you use this amp, tell me what you think of it. Can you suggest a comparable one to also try? I need enough volume to attract folks passing by but not distract the customers.

There's a Sam Ash, and mom and pop shop close by so I have other shopping options.

I need to walk my gear about a half a mile, so weight and size are important. Most of my gear must fit on my 2 wheel dolly.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:08 AM

I don't have the 40, I do have the Jr. I also have a fishman loudbox artist.
Both real good sounding amps, and are not a bear to lug around

The Jr. I think is 15 lbs. and it's surprisingly loud and clear sounding considering it weighs about as much as my 95 Les Paul!

Both of these amps are a bit more $ than the 40, but come w/options that the 40 doesn't although it's not clear how you're use case would benefit from those.

the Jr. GO version is battery powered (mine is the A/C only version) That may be something for you to consider, with the GO charged up, you would not even need to worry about available power outlets.
I also have a Bose S1 Pro, and I used it for a few weddings where there was no power available, believe it or not in the middle an apple orchard for one example, the other was on the beach on the North Shore in Mass.

so that GO version maybe something to think about for doing Boradwalks.

Gibson SJ200
Taylor Grand Symphony
Taylor 514CE-NY
Taylor 814CE Deluxe V-Class
Guild F1512
Alvarez DY74 Snowflake ('78)

Last edited by rmp; 08-16-2022 at 07:52 AM.
Old 08-15-2022, 10:59 AM

Just to add to the excellent suggestions already offered, you might want to take look at the Boss Acoustic Singer Live amp.
No battery power on this amp though. It has good effects including vocal harmonies.

Of course there are numerous higher end (more spendy) amp like the AER Compact, Genzler, Hendrickson, EAE and more if you have the budget.

I use a Bose S1 Pro with a Fire Eye preamp and it does everything I need.

Happy hunting. _RP

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification