The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-06-2022, 10:20 PM
Charter Member

Those two were recorded with an iPhone. I recorded this one with a Panasonic GH6 which is a far better camera. It also records multiple channels 24 bit audio, so I was able a direct out from the THR amp and use a condenser mic:

https://youtu.be/y8-qTIzOX5Q
Old 08-06-2022, 10:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Yamaha NTX3 crossover

I expected there to be more bleed in the vocal mic so I didn’t dial in any internal mic. The next time I’ll either dial in some internal mic or place the mic to pick up more guitar. I’m still trying to figure out the best approach.
Old 08-08-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I have become primarily a nylon player because of how it eases my finger pain. I’ve also fallen in love with the sound of the nylon strings.
I'm beginning to think that nylon string guitars are the greatest unkept secret for fingerstyle guitarists. You don't need to spend an arm and a leg to get one that sounds gorgeous, they don't wear or split picking nails to anything like the same degree as steel, they're kinder on the fretting hand, and they work across a broad range of styles, including blues.

Over the last few years, I've gone from having one to three nylon string crossovers and now have only one steel-string acoustic in my possession.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
I'm beginning to think that nylon string guitars are the greatest unkept secret for fingerstyle guitarists. You don't need to spend an arm and a leg to get one that sounds gorgeous, they don't wear or split picking nails to anything like the same degree as steel, they're kinder on the fretting hand, and they work across a broad range of styles, including blues.

Over the last few years, I've gone from having one to three nylon string crossovers and now have only one steel-string acoustic in my possession.

Sounds similar to my experience! Hmmm…
Old 08-08-2022, 06:59 PM

Great thread. Unfortunately it's timed with my most recent GAS thought: "hey, I wonder if I need a nylon string guitar?" Yikes! Get thee behind me.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:36 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leew3 View Post
Great thread. Unfortunately it's timed with my most recent GAS thought: "hey, I wonder if I need a nylon string guitar?" Yikes! Get thee behind me.

Lol! Fortunately, a new nylon, even an expensive one, is way cheaper than any sort of arthritis treatment…at least that is how I am presenting it to my wife!

Not that it isn’t true!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical