The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-26-2022, 06:39 AM

When not using the mixer, maybe experiment with the input level on the QSC. Depending on the output level ofo the Blackstar, either mic or Line setting (on channel one) of the QSC might sound better.

I have a Fishman mini, and using the XLR to the QSC pretty much requires using the 'mic' setting, for more gain. Conversely, when I use the 1/4" line out of my AER, I can use the line setting.

If it works either way, my preference is to use 'mic' level on the QSC. I just think it gives the signal more power for lack of a better definition.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:38 AM

I got a Line6 L2t powered 12" speaker when they first came out, that comes with a built-in 2ch mixer - for vocals and the guitar. It has TMB Eq for each ch. and XLR or 1/4" inputs for either channel. It has a 2-wheeled soft bag for transport - it's an easy, very good sounding compact "one less thing to carry" way to sing and play anywhere there's an AC outlet.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification