The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-06-2021, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methos1979 View Post
...he asked it as a question and not a statement, unless he's changed it since the OP. At least that's the way I took it...
Yes, let's not be so danged literal, it's not a court deposition, the OP just wanted to call our attention to a new product!

Savvy observation about how they're pitching it.
Old 05-09-2021, 07:17 AM

Thanks for the update. I have the S1 but I would like something even smaller with less volume. I would like it to have reverb and chorus or other onboard effects. The S1 is small but we can go smaller for park busking.

Busking here in lockdown is kind of...iffy, so I need to be able to move fast if they gimme what for!
Old 05-12-2021, 07:29 AM

Agreed after watching the
video the yorkville seems
more in the prosound monitor/bluetooth speaker
category.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post
Thanks for the update. I have the S1 but I would like something even smaller with less volume. I would like it to have reverb and chorus or other onboard effects. The S1 is small but we can go smaller for park busking.

Busking here in lockdown is kind of...iffy, so I need to be able to move fast if they gimme what for!
I have a Mackie Freeplay Live (observe "Live", not the old bug formed version), and I think it's pretty good for both acoustic guitar and a vocal microphone. It's got a decent reverb. And its format is great, and it's really low weight, and it can be mounted on a microphone stand.

One drawback of the Freeplay Live is that the input for the combined bluetooth and 3.5 jack has a delay for the incoming sound, so it's only usable for playback music and unfortunately not for connecting a mixer, keyboard or similar.

https://mackie.com/products/freeplay...able-pa-system

/Per

Last edited by Per Burström; 05-12-2021 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis Webb View Post

Man, haven’t posted in a while almost got banned for negative feedback about Bose shadyness. I think this fits the bill for you: EAE A1-4 https://shop.eliteacoustics.com/coll...-and-bluetooth

Elite Acoustics are well regarded here and I’ve seen this model on social medias being used with success at intimate gigs. Under 14lbs it says. I think your only other option besides that is the tried and true old faithful Roland AC-33 weighing in at 13.3 lbs + whatever 8 AA batteries weigh. That amp even to this day amazes me, checks almost all the boxes, but just isn’t very loud. Hope that helps, good luck with your busking.

For what it is worth - I see the value in the S1 pro these day (still overpriced never on sale no free gig bag..etc). It’s just not perfect (lacks some features) and it sucks they are still selling units with battery drain problems. What hasn’t changed is I’d rather invest in a EV Evolve 30m and/or some QSC’s and be done with it (battery power not required ofc).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification