The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-10-2021, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

Default Tonedexter for modelling

I have a slightly different use I'm trying for the image / modelling / ir response type pickups.

I have a eo folding travel silent guitar that is very similar to a Yamaha slg200n guitar.

Except it just has piezo undersaddle for the plugged in sound instead of the modelling system the Yamaha has.

Since the guitar doesn't have a body to speak of I am not trying to recreate the tone of this guitar with a mic. My goal is to create a better sounding plugged in tone based off my piezo signal.

I have temporarily installed a Fishman aura pro in the guitar and it is definitely a step up and in the right direction.

I chose the aura over the baggs and the tonedexter as I felt like that I would not be able to find a good wavemap for the tonedexter to match my silent guitar and I obviously can't create one unless I used a cab based ir from some of my fractal audio gear as the "mix" signal.

Does anyone feel like I could get better results with the tonedexter or some other similar system?
Old 05-10-2021, 12:53 PM
AGF Sponsor

We offer some WaveMaps for ToneDexter that were specifically made for the Yamaha silent guitar (or anything similar). The built in Yamaha processor needs to be disabled anyway to use them, so you are a prime candidate. We hear positive feedback from our users who do this.
James May Engineering
maker of the Ultra Tonic Pickup
Old 05-10-2021, 05:48 PM
Charter Member

Thanks James definitely worth a try then. I will order one up.

I can then do an easy head to head vs the aura by disabling the blend and just running straight piezo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James May View Post
We offer some WaveMaps for ToneDexter that were specifically made for the Yamaha silent guitar (or anything similar). The built in Yamaha processor needs to be disabled anyway to use them, so you are a prime candidate. We hear positive feedback from our users who do this.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification