The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-10-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
+1...exactly the right way to do this in my experience. I don't need or use any EQ between my Tak and Loudbox Performer. The Anti-Feedback on the amp is really a sweepable mid control and I use Dave's method along with the phase switch to fatten the sound without honkin' the mids and losing the bottom end. This helps fatten the trebles without losing the separation in the mids. Some folks just drop out all the mids and they lose punch, fullness and get a thin top end.

The AD2 is notch is okay and can accomplish this somewhat, but it is very broad. The additional Resonance is kinda like the Body Rez and the Ambience is just a light reverb effect. The Body Rez won't do this at all so don't waste your money on it.

I would do exactly what Dave recommended between your Anthem and amp EQ first. If that is not enough, then get a good outboard EQ like a Fishman Platinum, which may be more than you want, or the smaller Platinum Stage EQ. I like the Baggs Align EQ or Para DI... I'm not much for the others that use compression or saturation. Learning EQ with your ears and not your eyes is essential.
Thanks Bro. I thought your last line was the most important. Not that we don't fall prey to listening with our eyes at times. However if you have a good plug and play system like the Tak or Anthem EQ is just a matter of taste, not hard cold science. The IR and other fancy systems are very sophisticated and use software. But we are not computers and don't need one if you're only turning one knob.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification