The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-07-2021, 11:16 AM

Default Nylon-string guitar with a cutaway, 14 frets to the body, and no electronics?

Hello!

Recently I've been looking for a nylon-string guitar with a cutaway and 14 frets to the body (meaning the neck meets the body at the 14th fret rather than the 12th). I'd like to keep the price under $1000 but I'm willing to save for a little longer if there's a more perfect option out there.

So far I've only played the Yamaha NTX1 (haven't been able to find an NTX3 to try) I loved the playability and feel of it but was underwhelmed by the sound. The Cordoba Fusion 14 seems right and I'd like to try one out but no one seems to cary them.

...both of these options, however, got me thinking:

In a sub $1000 guitar, I'd bet that a sizable percentage of the price paying accounts for the electronics. Might I get "more guitar for the dollar" by getting one with no electronics? Does such a guitar exist? I'm having trouble finding one!

Any recommendations are welcome! I'm very open to buying used as well.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:14 PM
Guest 928

Check out Kremona. The on-line site gives a great outline of the various models and the dimensions for each model are specified with great clarity. I ordered the Sophia, without electronics, with a custom spruce face, and a custom rosette and got it for under what you're willing to pay--and the guitar is marvelous.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:55 PM

EvanB, did you order directly through them? I've had my eye on the Lulo Reinhardt Daimen. If I could get it without electronics that would be perfect!
Old 05-08-2021, 09:21 AM
Guest 928

Stanwood;

I ordered directly through the U.S. representative, Sean Henry:

[email protected]

Sean was a delight to work with. I hope you get what you want.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:54 AM

Excellent. Thank you!
Old 05-08-2021, 11:57 AM
Guest 928

You're welcome. The guitar you're looking at is beautiful. If you end up with this I would like to hear about the process and the results.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical