The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-02-2021, 06:43 PM
Charter Member

Update: I played the tune all the way through tonight so time to start polishing it.

My recordings
Old 05-03-2021, 06:32 AM
Charter Member

Worked on a Stephen Wake arrangement last night, I might get back to Ed Gerhard's tune by the end of the week.

Avalon Ard Ri L2-320C, Furch Yellow Gc-CR, Gibson J-45, Guild D-120, Larrivee OM-05, Martin D-16GT

An Daingean {Guild D-120}:

Celtic covers - videos

https://soundcloud.com/barry329

Enjoying guitars since 1964.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

I struggled with the A section of Ragtime Nightingale most of the week. My teacher had changed (corrected) the fingerings I had been using in the tricky parts so it was kind of like starting over.

Then viola, last night it kind of fell into place, at least the fingers started going where they were supposed to without quite so much conscious effort. Learning is not linear!
Old 05-05-2021, 07:22 AM
Charter Member

Update: I tried recording the tune last night. Crash and burn. I'm just not ready.

My recordings
Old 05-06-2021, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

Update: I've kicked the new tune to the curb. Happens sometimes. There is something in this arrangement that I cannot physically do consistently, musically and without considerable pain. Oh well I have a new slide tune cued up instead.

My recordings

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write