The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 07-18-2020, 12:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Womack View Post
Looks lovely, my mang.

Bob
Thanks, Word dude

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Ventura 12.2.1
Old 07-18-2020, 12:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborne1 View Post
That’s a beautiful Tele! Play it in good health!
Thanks much

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Old 07-18-2020, 12:47 PM
Charter Member

That's an absolute beauty! I bet she would look great with a black/white/black pickguard!
Old 07-18-2020, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Woowee that's pretty. Congratulations!
Old 07-18-2020, 02:41 PM
Charter Member

Thanks guys

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 07-18-2020, 02:52 PM

Wow that’s a beauty! Really fresh look with those P90’s.
Old 07-18-2020, 03:21 PM

That is indeed a very nice Tele, Kev. P-90s are great pickups. Not sure about that pickguard, though.
Old 07-18-2020, 04:25 PM

Beauty. Congrats!

It was your post of your PRS CE24 in a recent thread of mine that sent me in the direction of a PRS purchase ;-0
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 07-18-2020, 06:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Thanks good to hear you liked it , (this is however a solid body guitar ? albeit the tele shape)solid Alder body Blackwood top
What clinched it for me was the seller was eager to get it moved, and came down significantly on the price
Oh yeah, I know it's a solid body. I was just saying of the world of possibilities, a solid Gibson type guitar is what I get along best with for P90s. That's probably partly because my main guitar is a strat so a shorter scale, flatter radius is just a nice change of pace. If my main guitar was a PRS CE24 or some sort of Les Paul or SG, a tele probably would have been the perfect platform for me for P90s to, to create some variety. This is all just personal preference - that's objectively an awesome guitar by any standard...

Have fun with it.

-Ray
Old 07-19-2020, 06:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysachs View Post
Oh yeah, I know it's a solid body. I was just saying of the world of possibilities, a solid Gibson type guitar is what I get along best with for P90s. That's probably partly because my main guitar is a strat so a shorter scale, flatter radius is just a nice change of pace. If my main guitar was a PRS CE24 or some sort of Les Paul or SG, a tele probably would have been the perfect platform for me for P90s to, to create some variety. This is all just personal preference - that's objectively an awesome guitar by any standard...

Have fun with it.

-Ray
Ah, I get it now. Played it for about an hour last nite. While the neck shape is a " Modern Deep C" and definitely different, and a bit bigger overall, than the "Pattern Thin" on my CE 24 ( and even though I have small hands) the shape is not off putting at all and I did not really notice it while playing only while looking. The satin finish on the neck (like the CE 24) is simply outstanding, and silky smooth moving up and down the neck .

Being a nite time session it was through the Head Phone spk. load option on my REVV
First impression through HP's was definitely a different sound than the HB/Coil Tap on the PRS. Also the difference between the bridge position and either of the other two was quite noticeable. Where as the difference between the middle (both) and the neck position was much more subtle (almost not noticeable, if not paying really close attention) we will have to see if this hold when going through the speakers

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 07-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Wow that’s a beauty! Really fresh look with those P90’s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeX View Post
That is indeed a very nice Tele, Kev. P-90s are great pickups. Not sure about that pickguard, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Beauty. Congrats!

It was your post of your PRS CE24 in a recent thread of mine that sent me in the direction of a PRS purchase ;-0
Thank guys.
1neeto yes the visual totally appeals to me also .
Duke X. Interesting (and not the least surprising) the pick guard is a total plus for me personally ( fortunately I guess for the manufactures we can all be vastly different in preference)

Hey great Dbone (perhaps my first influence in the Electric Forum ) Remind me which PRS did you get ? And please feel free to post a photo in this thread if you like.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 07-19-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Thank guys.
1neeto yes the visual totally appeals to me also .
Duke X. Interesting (and not the least surprising) the pick guard is a total plus for me personally ( fortunately I guess for the manufactures we can all be vastly different in preference)

Hey great Dbone (perhaps my first influence in the Electric Forum ) Remind me which PRS did you get ? And please feel free to post a photo in this thread if you like.
See my signature...A little over the top but I’m only planning to have one...I decided to go for a doozy

Cheers
2019 PRS Silver Sky
Old 07-19-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Thanks good to hear you liked it , (this is however a solid body guitar ? albeit the tele shape)solid Alder body Blackwood top
What clinched it for me was the seller was eager to get it moved, and came down significantly on the price
Beautiful! Live a few miles up the road and in there 4-5 times a year. Very nice guys to deal with.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:44 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
See my signature...A little over the top but I’m only planning to have one...I decided to go for a doozy

Cheers
Very Cool. The McCarty 594 series may well be PRS's most popular core guitars and for good reason. And the Artist pack will be outstanding,,,, do post a thread when it arrives

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

Old 07-19-2020, 07:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Beautiful! Live a few miles up the road and in there 4-5 times a year. Very nice guys to deal with.
You're saying , a few miles from Hugo Helmer Music in Burlington, I assume ? Yes Charlie was great, next time your in there, tell him Kevin from Wyoming says hi and kudos. I asked him how business was during this Covid time, and he said it was actually pretty good (which is good to know, there have been far to many independent music stores go out of business )

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube

System :

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars