The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 03-09-2024, 12:52 PM

Default My first Audigo video

I used two Audigo mics on this: the one you see, and a second one on my little Spark Mini amp running an acoustic preset.

Old 03-09-2024, 08:45 PM

The audio quality sounded quite good. And your performance as well. Thanks for sharing. I’m a sucker for new gadgets and I see a purchase in my future.
Old 03-11-2024, 11:04 AM

Thanks for that. Now I am suddenly noticing how bad the iPhone selfie video camera quality is. The main back camera video looks great. The tele, wide, and selfie cameras are all terrible though!

Now I am looking at options. Do I frame through the regular camera apps (with the back facing camera) on my watch? Do I look through the camera and try to guess the framing? Do I use another camera and just capture audio on the Audigo to sync the old fashioned way?

None of the options are particularly great.
Old 03-11-2024, 08:16 PM

Someone posted a picture of a cheap mirror attached to their tripod stand, looked like a pretty easy and quick solution to being able to use the good camera and still see what you are doing.
Old 03-12-2024, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced06GTO View Post
Someone posted a picture of a cheap mirror attached to their tripod stand, looked like a pretty easy and quick solution to being able to use the good camera and still see what you are doing.
I just figured out that the main problem is that the Audigo video app defaults to 60fps. That means that even in a bright sunlit room, you get a poor quality grainy image. Switching it over to 24p improves the selfie cam quite a bit, but with the current app version, you have to do it on each take.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD