The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 01-24-2021, 10:19 AM

Default Godin Grand Concert Deluxe?

Anyone seen or tried one of these, seems to have the hex saddles and an internal mic...
https://godinguitars.com/product/mul...concert-deluxe
Rob
Old 02-12-2021, 09:16 PM

I'm in the same boat (very interested in it, and realizing there's not a lot of content about it available right now).

I wrote to Godin asking for them to help me understand its target in the market when compared to the Duet Ambience models. I received a short and concise response:
On the Deluxe, the strings rest directly on the piezo saddles, so the guitar has a bright tone. The Duet Ambiance has an under saddle transducer pickup, so it's tone is warmer.
Based on the handful of Youtube videos I've been able to see, I'm not in love with the Deluxe's tone, but from an engineering stand point I really like how each string has its own saddle and pickup, which makes it (in my mind) less likely to have string-to-string balancing issues.

I'm really looking for an amplified instrument specifically designed for a classical guitarist, and it seems to me its really only Godin (Multiac series) and Yamaha (NCX series) that are catering to me. So...to follow in the foot steps of the OP, if anyone has experience with the Grand Concert Deluxe, I'd really like to hear about it too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical