The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 01-18-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Maniac View Post
speaking of electrified resonator guitars, I've seen a few with what looks like a humbucker pickup mounted in the neck position. is this a factory installed pick up or after market installation ? TIA for any info....
The eastwood has a factory P-90. The National resotone has a Lollar neck tele, and the Natioanl resolectric has both a Highlander bridge pickup and a Lollar P-90 at the neck.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I don't have one, but I've always wondered what those 8 string baritone guitars sound like. They are a 6 string with the treble added to the D and G strings. I play a lot of Celtic music and often thought about getting one. It is a flat top though. I broke the rule

Alvarez 8 String Baritone
I've played their standard 6 string Bari, and the Larrivee Bari. Both are great. Both will make you play differently than you do on a standard guitar in my experience. Nothing like playing some Blind Willie Johnson on my Bari!
Old 01-24-2021, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
I've been advised by the experts I trust here that the Eastmans are modern sounding, and if you want an old Gibson type sound the higher end Loar models are the way to go.

Unfortunately I have had to rely on the experts, because I've only encountered lower end Loars, and never an Eastman locally. The lower end loars were not inspiring.

Since you mentioned electric and overdrive there are some things to consider. I have both a National Resotone and Resolectric Revolver. The Resotone can probably be found for around $1000 used. The higher end Resolectric? You know the old saying... Even used, if you have to ask, you better WANT it...

But Eastwood will get you in the door for a decent price...

I have one of these, and it's pretty fun....

Old 01-25-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I have one of these, and it's pretty fun....

Between a 335 type and an Airline type, I'm goin' Airline every time.
Old 01-25-2021, 01:08 PM
Charter Member

I’m on a similar quest and pulled the trigger on this James Trussart Resogator. It has arcane P90 neck pickup and fishman piezo. Comes with stereo cable to run split out to electric and acoustic amp with ability to blend. Should arrive sometime this week. Will let you know my impressions. IMG_0391.jpg

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments