The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 09:31 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I will just be happy if he is wearing pants LOL! Put the house down for 1 please! Can't wait to see the presentation!
I’d like one too...
You can find me set up at a table in Tom’s pantry.

Joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Old 02-13-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
I’d like one too...
You can find me set up at a table in Tom’s pantry.

Joel
Hey, there has to be some sense of decorum, at least you are still in the main house!
Old 02-14-2019, 11:14 AM
Charter Member

Hey Tom, speaking of keepsakes, has there been any thought about designing a T-Shirt to commemorate this event?

I'm not offering to do so, but I sure like to wear t-shirts sometimes (and pants).
Old 02-14-2019, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootis View Post
Hey Tom, speaking of keepsakes, has there been any thought about designing a T-Shirt to commemorate this event?

I'm not offering to do so, but I sure like to wear t-shirts sometimes (and pants).

Ha, yes, I have thought of it and actually designed them and they will be there at the event. I think they came out pretty cool also, plus they should work well with pants.

It is not truly an official event without T-shirts is it???
Old 02-14-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Ha, yes, I have thought of it and actually designed them and they will be there at the event. I think they came out pretty cool also, plus they should work well with pants.

Are they all going to be......B.I.G.??!!!
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar
Old 02-14-2019, 05:09 PM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:

Hope you were thinking of some of your BIG friends when you ordered.
Old 02-14-2019, 05:42 PM

I'm keeping track of book requests and the poll re whether we have to wear pants.

I'm recommending pants, at least while folks are playing my guitar. Otherwise, what happens at B.I.G. stays at B.I.G. ... I hope.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandit75 View Post
Are they all going to be......B.I.G.??!!!
Why don't you hop on a plane and head stateside and find out! I know you want to do another build at a shop, I can't give you that, but I can give you a Bruce Sexauer building seminar at no extra cost to you!

Yes, T-shirts will be medium B.I.G., large B.I.G., and big big B.I.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Hope you were thinking of some of your BIG friends when you ordered.
Oh yeah, got some comin just for the stately man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
I'm keeping track of book requests and the poll re whether we have to wear pants.

I'm recommending pants, at least while folks are playing my guitar. Otherwise, what happens at B.I.G. stays at B.I.G. ... I hope.
LOL, well I have checked with Kathy, her poll is all that really matters and she has elected a pants must be worn rule, sorry! However, what happens at B.I.G. truly can stay at big unless we all have a great time, we can share that.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:40 PM
AGF Sponsor

Hi, Tom, and everybody else groovin' on this thread. I've been a bit of a hermit lately, submerged pretty deep in various projects, getting ready for this show. I think it's time to post some photos of a couple of guitars I'll be showing at the Bowersox Invitational. Just so you guys know I haven't been slacking off (at least not too much). The photos are pre-finish, which I like to refer to as "tasteful nudes".

Both of the guitars I'm showing here are now in the final round of lacquer spraying, so I'm feeling a small measure of relief, with enough time to get these done and dialed in before the last minute.

First, a Quilted Maple/German Spruce Eclipse OM guitar. The bindings, bevels, bridge, fingerboard, and headstock plates are all Mexican Royal Ebony, aka Katalox. It's a 25.5" scale guitar, thirteen frets-to-body, with arm and rib bevels, dual side sound ports, and an Omega open headstock, which will be sporting a set of Schaller Grand Tune tuners.

I was actually going to give this guitar a transparent blue with black shading paint job, but decided against it after I sprayed the first base coats. The quilt figure on the back and sides is amazing, and the Maple has a reddish flash at some reflective angles, so I decided to keep it natural. Why mess with that! Wait till you see that quilt under lacquer!
Here are a couple more shots...

Next is a pretty high-end version of my Zephyr 00 model- a little guitar that punches above its weight class. This one has Brazilian Rosewood back and sides, a Bearclaw Sitka top from Alaska, and a lot of Macassar Ebony trim. I decided to give it the Pogoda style slotted headstock, which will also be fitted with some exotic looking Schaller Grand Tune tuners. I decided to give this one a scoop-cutaway.This guitar is a 25" scale, and will be optimized for fingerstyle and pick-style, if I have anything to say about it.

I used cross-grain Zebra Wood with thin red veneer lines for the purflings. Again, arm and rib bevels, and dual side sound ports. The ports on this guitar both have sliders, so they can be played open or closed. It's amazing how the pitch of the sound box tap tone changes, depending on the sound ports being open or closed. I expect this guitar to be a very versatile instrument that will offer a lot of options for recording with microphones.
The Brazilian Zephyr also comes with a custom Hoffee carbon fiber flight case.

Thanks for looking, everyone! I'll post more photos of these guitars before the show, when they are all done and ready for prime time. Now, I gotta go shoot the final coats of lacquer on these babies.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:41 PM
AGF Sponsor

By the way, I will be bringing pants with me.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Yowzah! Both of these guitars are stunning, Steve!

Glad you decided to go natural on the maple.

Can't wait to try these out at B.I.G.--won't be long now!!!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 02-14-2019, 08:11 PM

Wow Steve, you emerge from your cocoon and WOW, look at what you came out with. Holy smokes batman!!!! That Maple is gorgeous, but I have to say that Zephyr 00 model, really speaks to me. The colors are perfect, such a cool shape and that BRW is super unique, man oh man, although I am getting a little nervous about this whole hosting thing, I can't wait to see and hear these in person. I will be shocked if you are bringing either of these home with you!

Thanks for your artistry and for bringing pants!
Old 02-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Charter Member

Smile What Tom B said!

Quote:
Wow Steve, you emerge from your cocoon and WOW, look at what you came out with. Holy smokes batman!!!! That Maple is gorgeous, but I have to say that Zephyr 00 model, really speaks to me. The colors are perfect, such a cool shape and that BRW is super unique, man oh man, although I am getting a little nervous about this whole hosting thing, I can't wait to see and hear these in person. I will be shocked if you are bringing either of these home with you!

Thanks for your artistry and for bringing pants!
Nice going on the Edwinsons! I really like your newer bridge. It has less talons, unless I am mistook. (Which Has occurred before)

I also really like the pagoda shaped shot head headstock. These guitars alone are enough reason to make the scene!

Really Jazzed to be playing and singing (with Cindy) for this! We may visit your table a la Los Trovidores....

I can almost smell BarBQ already.

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 02-15-2019, 01:18 AM

'''''''''''''
Old 02-15-2019, 01:46 AM

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'v always been a fan of your guitars!!!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop