The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-01-2019, 07:54 PM

Default breedlove nylon string

Hi ; anybody like this guitar? Can't seem to find one to try in my area. I know it has 1 7/8 nut though. Not really classical huh?
Old 04-02-2019, 06:30 AM

wow nobody ?
Old 04-02-2019, 08:56 AM

The Breedloves that I've played remind me of the Taylor nylon string guitars.

Both types are way overbuilt for nylon playing. It's like they used the standard steel string bodies and just swapped out the bridge and tuners.

You can get a much better guitar from Cordoba. The fusion series are great as is the GK Pro.

Both will accommodate a wide variety of genre's played on them
2011 Godin Jazz model archtop
Old 04-05-2019, 04:29 PM
Charter Member

I currently have four Breedloves in the man cave, including three American steel strings, and the Passport N250 nylon. I used to have several more Breedloves as well, including their top of the line Masterclass Bossa Nova nylon string. It was fantastic. So well made. Flawless! But... the very first Cordoba that I bought was a far-lesser level Cordoba GK Studio. But what it lacked in perfection of build... it gained in excellent tone and projection. I took both the Masterclass Breedlove and the base level GK Studio to a gig. The inexpensive Cordoba put the Breedlove up on ebay... and then I bought a GK Pro with the proceeds. As DK Stott said... Go with a Cordoba. I've had 16 Cordoba's (and about ten Breedloves). For steel strings I'm still a fan of Breedlove over most brands. But Cordoba owns the nylon market (with Yamaha at #2).
Old 04-05-2019, 06:45 PM

this is good advice guys ! i think i will go with the Cordoba .

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical