The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-18-2019, 06:46 PM

Default NGD. Córdoba Mini II EB-CE

I had bought one of the original Córdoba Mini guitars, the SM-CE model, a bit over a year ago. That’s the one with the pickup and the cutaway. A very nice little guitar, but it did have some shortcomings.
To use standard tuning, you need a special set of strings. The pickup did not work well with those strings... Bass response was too powerful.
It was set up with a pin bridge, which meant you had to tie string ends on them...

They just came out with these new “Mini II” models, and I bought the “EB-CE” model. This also has a pickup and a cutaway.
It’s a fair bit larger than the original Mini, with a longer scale. Therefore, you can use standard tuning with normal strings.
It’s a very attractive little instrument, with a dark mahogany (laminate) body and back and a spruce top. Abalone inlay for the rosette. This has a normal classical bridge.
The pickup incorporates a tuner, and it seems to work well with my limited testing. The tone and volume buttons pop up for adjustment, then you push ‘em back in so they’re out of the way.
Sound is much better than the original mini. The larger and somewhat deeper body gives a better bass response.
Overall, it’s still quite small and the 1 7/8” nut makes it feel very much like a typical “crossover” guitar.

Current MSRP from Córdoba is 360.00... But Amazon has ‘em for 100 bucks less.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:01 AM

Thanks for the review. Another member here "Red Label" bought this same Mini II and was impressed with it as well. I have been eyeing these since they come out. Something about a small travel guitar is appealing.........or just an excuse to buy another one
Old 03-20-2019, 05:12 PM

I played one yesterday at a store. I did not find it impressive enough to consider buying one. But you should also consider that I did not plug it in to an amp, since I seldom play that way.

Taylor 856, Taylor GC7, Martin 00-28, Breedlove Oregon Concertina, Breedlove Jeff Bridges Signature, Guild JF55-12, Guild D212, Larrivee OM3, Eastman E20 OM, Farida OT22w, Cordoba Fusion 12 Orchestra, Blueridge BR-361, Pono 0-15 mango, Journey OF-660, Tanglewood TWJP parlor (Nashville tuned), Paul Reed Smith SE Custom.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:28 PM
Charter Member

I wanted to like the new mini but it just didn't happen.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical