The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 03-11-2019, 01:19 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!
Default NGD - Kiwi/Spanish Alhambra 7P

I unexpectedly stumbled across a guitar I've been watching out for a long while now, and while the price was fair, I ended up buying it anyway. It's a happy Alhambra 7P, which differs from the 7C that I already have in that it is German spruce-topped with Indian rosewood back and sides (the 7C is cedar over sapele). The spruce over rosewood version is the one that was well out of my reach when I lived in Spain as a grad student, so I've always sort of dreamed of playing one again, but I never really thought I'd get the chance to buy one - especially after translocating to New Zealand. Then one popped up on a classified ad yesterday right here in town, so I had to at least check it out, right? Right....

My new (old) 7P has been played quite a lot since it was made (2002, I think), but it has also been well cared for and so it's in pretty excellent condition. The pictures (if I manage to post them) are pretty lousy, but they give a sense of what this thing looks like. I never thought I'd get a Spanish made guitar in New Zealand, but that's how the world works now, I guess. I won't ever get around to sound clips or anything like that, but here's to being lucky enough to be able to buy a new old guitar just for fun!

Old 03-11-2019, 02:55 AM
Charter Member

That's lovely... congratulations!
Old 03-11-2019, 08:42 PM

Beautiful guitar - play it in good health!
Old 03-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Charter Member

Nice looking instrument. Congratulations.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical