The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-23-2017, 07:22 PM

Default NGD: Barb's Blackbird Savoy

Hi All,
I figured that this first Savoy out to a customer, me, probably deserved it's own thread. I have been playing the Savoy now since Saturday and
I've been enjoying every minute. The voice of this guitar is so clear that while playing it I feel like any age related hearing loss I've accumulated over the years has been erased. I feel like I am receiving more musical information than when I play my other guitars. I am not sure that I am properly putting into words what I perceive but it is quite amazing.
Barb
Old 05-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Anticipation Junkie

I watched the video Ted posted in the other thread. Impressive guitar, for sure. Cool to have #1. Enjoy, Barb!
Old 05-23-2017, 08:43 PM
Charter Member

Love it when a new guitar stirs new feelings in you! Sounds like you have found "the one." Congrats, again! I figured this was one of the first, but cool to have the first!

Old 05-24-2017, 09:06 AM
Guest 928

Barb1;

You have experienced many composite guitars and so the praise you give the Savoy is noteworthy. Congratulations on the guitar, on being the first to have one, and on having music in your soul.
Old 05-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Anticipation Junkie

I'll add that I quite like the look with the pickguard, and the hardshell case and gigbag seem very good quality. And of course, the ekoa pick is just too cool. Puts the deal over the top. Well done, Barb!
Old 05-24-2017, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb1 View Post
Hi All,
I figured that this first Savoy out to a customer, me, probably deserved it's own thread. I have been playing the Savoy now since Saturday and
I've been enjoying every minute. The voice of this guitar is so clear that while playing it I feel like any age related hearing loss I've accumulated over the years has been erased. I feel like I am receiving more musical information than when I play my other guitars. I am not sure that I am properly putting into words what I perceive but it is quite amazing.
Barb
Hi Barb really glad you are enjoying the Savoy.

I see a YouTube link you have posted, I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone else?

Todd

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Last edited by TheChicagoTodd; 05-24-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChicagoTodd View Post
Hi Barb really glad you are enjoying the Savoy.

I see a YouTube link you have posted, I can't seem to get it to work. Anyone else?

Todd

Nope. The only link I've seen is the one posted in the other thread by Ted linking to a video of Barb's Savoy. No playing demo in that one though.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:02 PM

Thanks, everyone! I am very happy to have this Savoy.

Chicago Todd, I haven't posted a video yet. I actually am not sure how to do that. I will have to explore to find out how to make it happen.

I am a finger style player and have really enjoyed the sound and feel of the Savoy but I wanted to hear a flatpicker play it so I took the Savoy over to my favorite flatpicker and was blown away by the sound he got. It was the first time I heard the Savoy from the audience side. Quite impressive. This fellow, who is quite knowledgeable about guitars and who has worked in a music store for a long time, pronounced the Savoy the best of the composite guitars he has heard.
Barb
Old 05-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Nice guitar in the hands of a player..what a great combo
The vid that I heard sounded fantastic.

Congrats Barb!!!
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 05-25-2017, 05:15 AM
Charter Member

Lol.....so strange. Must be a weird thing with Tapatalk which I use exclusively to access the forum, and I've never saw this behavior before. Here is the screen shot of what Barbs post looks like to me, and clearly no one else is seeing the YouTube link at the end of Barbs post....pretty bizarre. Lol...weird.

Todd in Chicago

Old 05-25-2017, 05:23 AM

I see no video, but would like to.
I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos
Old 05-25-2017, 05:39 AM
Guest 1478

I too saw the video of your new guitar on the other thread. Wow, a real looker and sounds wonderful too!
Old 05-25-2017, 08:41 AM

Sweet guitar! How does it compare to the Lucky 13 other than the obvious size/shape differences?

PS If you don't want to invest in yourself, why should anyone else even bother to try?
Old 05-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Charter Member

Barb, I have a Savoy on order with no sound port. Any thoughts on that? I didn't want the sound directed at me.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:48 PM

I am one of those people who will never do Facebook, etc. When I try to watch the video, the Facebook sign-up screen blocks half of the page.

Is this video available elsewhere? Did not find it on the Blackbird site. Inquiring minds want to know......

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber