The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-15-2020, 04:21 AM
Charter Member

Last few speakers I've bought have been JBL's. Now it's hard to hear anything else. When I last upgraded my PA I went a A/B'd allot of diferent speakers. Plugged a newer J45 into a Presonous Studio live. Went through switching of all the speakers in the room. Very quickly I ruled out anything with a plastic enclosure. Although lighter weight and less expensive I was hearing the same kind of tone. Almost like turning the J45 into an Ovation. Sitting in the room, facing the speakers with a moderate volume. No feedback buster so you can imagine the sound. When we came to the JBL. All the feedback was gone. Tone was gorgeous. Then was the choice between models. I gotta say. For my money, the PRX 715 was the way to go. Have since bought a PRX 815 to use for my wedge. The 815 has bluetooth with internal DSP to EQ speaker 1500 watts. I believe 47 Lbs. A little pricey but will give you what you need. Have done a park with nothing but the 815 set behind me like an acoustic amp. Guitar, vocal mic through Mixer into the 815. If you go to try new speakers. Don't let the salesman try to sell you by running an MP3 into it. Use a guitar. Salesman Who helped me (youngster) couldn't believe I didn't want to hear his crappy cell phone. Told him, it will be for a live PA. I don't play my phone. I play guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification