The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Old 07-13-2016, 08:30 PM

Default GFS XGP T-Style Poplar Body- Sunburst (SALE PENDING)

This is a good body that will build into a great guitar. With shipping, these are about $80 from GFS and are well-documented to be a crap shoot. Well, I've worked out the kinks for you as I already massaged this body into a guitar. It's not perfect, but it's a good project body for someone who isn't looking for a closet queen and just wants a solid players guitar.

Here are the caveats.
- There are a few finish flaws in the neck pocket edges, minor dents on the backside
- One of the bridge screws broke off in the body- it's the 2nd one in on the bass side. Three screws are plenty strong to hold the bridge down, and my solution was to put a shorter 1/4" screw into that one hole, mostly for looks. I like Ace Hardware stainless steel 1" number 6 pan head screws.
- The neck I had mounted to this guitar body had a rounded strat heel and I have a custom PG with rounded neck pocket that I will include as well. It's in the first guitar picture. Rounding the neck pocket forces the PG to move up slightly so if you use a regular Tele neck with square heel you'll need to fill the PG screw holes and redrill. Not a big deal at all.

I enlarged the neck pickup route to accommodate a humbucker or p90- admittedly a bit sloppily. But, it will get the job done. Ferrules are included.

I could easily post pics and say that the body is sold as is, but I want it to be clear what you are getting. It's a good body and will build into a great guitar.

PICS
As a guitar

Finish flaw at neck pocket edge

A few of the dents seen here

And here

Asking $45 shipped. USPS Money Order preferred, but personal check is fine as well. Sorry, no PayPal.

SOLD PENDING PAYMENT

Thanks for looking.
Lou

Last edited by Loudog99; 07-14-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:44 AM

PM sent to you!
Old 07-14-2016, 08:16 AM

PM sent back.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Other

Tags
body, gfs, sunburst, tele, xgp