The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-22-2019, 05:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
If there is bad weather in Philly, I wouldn't be so sure Dallas wins. I'm pretty sure Garrett never prepares them for bad weather and they just practice in their comfy dome all the time. They looked like they never played outside a dome before when they played the Pats in the rain.
Regardless of weather, I always assume the Cowboys have a good chance of losing games they should win. I’ve never seen a team choke more consistently in big games, and usually I enjoy it without reservation. But since in this case they’re both playing for the right to play against a really good football team in the first round of the playoffs, and neither team is good at all, this may not be a title worth winning. I’m sure once the game starts, my native preferences will come to the fore and I’ll be yelling for the Eagles. But, at the moment, still thinking rationally, I have really mixed feelings...

-Ray
Old 12-22-2019, 08:25 AM

Eagles/Cowboys will be in interesting game. The Eagles play like a team depleted of talent and are running on fumes. The Cowboys play like a team that's disinterested and whose players aren't about to expend any energy until it's absolutely necessary. I'm guessing Cowboys for this one.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Patriots made it happen even though the Bills looked like the better team for most of the game. But that’s the Patriots, when the stakes are high, they show up! 9rs game was at the stake of a field goal...again. Tomorrow I’ll root for the ravens to lose, but it’s against the browns. Cowboys vs Eagles will be classic.
Yep, the Patriots have traditionally played where the game was in hand by the end of the 3rd quarter (if not before) but when that doesn't happen they can make the big plays at the right time to pull off the victory.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yep, the Patriots have traditionally played where the game was in hand by the end of the 3rd quarter (if not before) but when that doesn't happen they can make the big plays at the right time to pull off the victory.

I’m a diehard Ravens fan, but I’ve come to appreciate the Patriots this year since they’ve looked almost human. They are smart football players and coaches, and they know how to get after it. They should have lost yesterday’s game, but they didn’t. Let’s hope no cheating scandals plague them this year.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
Patriots made it happen even though the Bills looked like the better team for most of the game. But that’s the Patriots, when the stakes are high, they show up! 9rs game was at the stake of a field goal...again. Tomorrow I’ll root for the ravens to lose, but it’s against the browns. Cowboys vs Eagles will be classic.
Browns were the only team to beat the Ravens handily and it was at Baltimore, so you never know.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-22-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
I’m a diehard Ravens fan, but I’ve come to appreciate the Patriots this year since they’ve looked almost human. They are smart football players and coaches, and they know how to get after it. They should have lost yesterday’s game, but they didn’t. Let’s hope no cheating scandals plague them this year.
Not trying to debate, but why should they have lost? They pretty much dominated the entire game but gave up 2 big plays to Buffalo which kept Buffalo in the game.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 12-22-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Not sure if the reference I'm looking at includes yesterday's game but Brady has the 2nd most 4th QB comebacks, 35 (tied with Drew Brees). Peyton Manning has the most at 43. I'm surprised Brady has that many considering all the times the Patriots had the lead heading into the 4th quarter.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax Burgess View Post
Boo! Fratricide! Respect the Steagles fraternity!
I knew that I could flush at least one out. I will be yelling at a television set like a fool for most of the afternoon. Have fun.

Last edited by k_russell; 12-22-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:55 AM

Being a South Jersey native, I'm a diehard Eagles fan but agree it has been a disappointing season to say the least....but if they can pull a Dubya today against the Boys I can sleep well tonight!

We shall see...
Old 12-22-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nifnof70 View Post
Being a South Jersey native, I'm a diehard Eagles fan but agree it has been a disappointing season to say the least....but if they can pull a Dubya today against the Boys I can sleep well tonight!

We shall see...
Going to be a great game.

BTW ... Welcome to the AGF! Great to have you here.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:53 PM

...........crickets............

Giants are leading the Redskins in the 3rd.
Old 12-22-2019, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazool View Post
And Buffalo seemed to suffer at the exact opposite end of the spectrum: Every year, it seemed, they would change the front office, the sidelines and half the team roster. This wasn't just the Bills but the Sabres as well. It was like, we we were hysterically desperate. Get a new squad and staff and if they don't make the playoffs their first year, immediately get rid of all of them and start over. No consistency and no building - just a crapshoot. It's like playing scrabble and instead of trying to find letters to build words, you simply trade all your tiles every single hand, hoping to get a seven letter word - and surprised when it doesn't happen.

They almost dumped Sean McDermott two years ago and barely decided to keep him and look at him now !

You need to make changes and we need to be patient and let improvement happen organically.

For us, these past three years have finally started to see that happening.
Yep. The Bills are a team coming on. Watch out! As a lifelong New England fan the one thing I always appreciated about Buffalo was their fan base. They are steadfast. I think they will be rewarded. Ownership counts at every level. Why are "Big" market teams in New York struggling and a "Small' market team like Buffalo excelling? I have a soft spot for Buffalo but I am unable to mention it in public as a Patriots fan. Onwards and upwards!
Old 12-22-2019, 03:56 PM

Larmar Jackson ... another 3 passing TDs and 100 yards rushing. I think the Ravens just clinched first in the conference with today's win?
Old 12-22-2019, 03:58 PM

Default WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Larmar Jackson ... another 3 passing TDs and 100 yards rushing. I think the Ravens just clinched first in the conference with today's win?
Can you imagine Bal/KC playoff game?
Old 12-22-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Can you imagine Bal/KC playoff game?
They already played this year and it was decent.
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s