The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-01-2018, 04:23 AM

Default Fishman sbt pickup

So I was just wondering if anybody has used the Fishman SBT pick up on their classical guitar and if so where did they mount it? Also I realize I would need a preamp I’m assuming but wanted to know if at home how it sounded plugged into a smaller practice amp?
Old 11-01-2018, 07:17 AM

I would suggest you try on the end of the bridge, below the top E string as you are looking downwards.

SBTs can sound woofy on a classical and will certainly need EQ, but the best bet is always on the treble string side where the sound will be brighter. Attaching it the bridge as opposed to the top should help too, however you may find a sweeter spot somewhere below the bridge on the lower bout, it depends on the guitar, so experiment.

"The way nature seems to work is that it sends a messenger...the acoustic guitar needed to go in another direction, Michael Hedges became that messenger"
Tommy Emmanuel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical