The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-13-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
I'd call Fishman with your question!
Quick update, I am in my studio and recorded you guys a couple of clips to illustrate the problem (and to demonstrate to Fishman too) when low and behold the problem is not there! I am going from my Fishman via the Headway straight to my audio interface, no difference in mono vs stereo operation.

So then I tried Fishman > Headway> PA, sounds great in both mono and stereo operation.

I am *really* confused, but happy that the pickup seems to be working properly. Trying to figure out what on earth (excuse the pun) is going on here, will get back.....

"The way nature seems to work is that it sends a messenger...the acoustic guitar needed to go in another direction, Michael Hedges became that messenger"
Tommy Emmanuel
Old 11-13-2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
Quick update, I am in my studio and recorded you guys a couple of clips to illustrate the problem (and to demonstrate to Fishman too) when low and behold the problem is not there! I am going from my Fishman via the Headway straight to my audio interface, no difference in mono vs stereo operation.

So then I tried Fishman > Headway> PA, sounds great in both mono and stereo operation.

I am *really* confused, but happy that the pickup seems to be working properly. Trying to figure out what on earth (excuse the pun) is going on here, will get back.....
In all likelihood a contact had oxidized or some lint settled into just the right spot to cause trouble. Just inserting and removing the male jack is all that is usually needed to clear something like that up. Worst case you can use some contact cleaner.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 11-13-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonfields45 View Post
In all likelihood a contact had oxidized or some lint settled into just the right spot to cause trouble. Just inserting and removing the male jack is all that is usually needed to clear something like that up. Worst case you can use some contact cleaner.
yep, put a little Deoxit on your TRS cable, push it in and out of the jack and few times, and wipe up the residue. Should be good to go
Old 11-14-2018, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the further suggestions, but I *think* I've got to the bottom of this. It's an issue with the Boss AD10.

I did a factory reset of the AD10 and that's pretty much solved it, harsh brightness gone from the mic and distortion/mud gone from the magnetic.

I can't explain why I thought my test with the pickup straight into my PA sounded bad, or especially why the mono operation sounded better but it was late at night and I was fatigued, maybe I missed a step in the testing process.

Thanks for all your help.

"The way nature seems to work is that it sends a messenger...the acoustic guitar needed to go in another direction, Michael Hedges became that messenger"
Tommy Emmanuel

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification