The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 AM

Default Jazz font in Guitar Pro 6 (& 7)...

One of the things wrong (how I hate starting a post with those words) with Guitar Pro (either version 6 or 7), at least in the Mac version, is that the Jazz text extended font, presumably licensed from Sigler Music Fonts and bundled with Guitar Pro, which I otherwise like a lot, does not include lower case letters! This means that writing out a tuning that includes flat notes, eg. Bb ends up being BB, which is not at all musically correct (neither is A#, so don't suggest it). There's also no way, near as I can see, to manually enter the flat (♭) symbol.

Has anyone looked for and hopefully found a similar-looking text font (the text fonts can be changed in the stylesheet) that includes ACTUAL lower case letters instead of mini Caps? Thanks,

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:19 AM

Guess not, huh? If anyone cares, I did find a nice font (that looks nothing like the Jazz font) that has lovely a lowercase "b" that looks like a flat symbol, google "the blue cabin" font if you're interested. I like it enough that I may look into doing a bold or semi-bold version of it!

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write