The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-24-2024, 11:32 AM

Default TC Helicon Play Acoustic question

I'm stumped! I've been wrapping my head around the Play Acoustic settings for a couple of years. Although it's old technology, it still is one of the best pedals out there for small gigs -- especially when my bg singer is not with me!

But I have a problem with one thing. The sound/sustain cuts out rather abruptly after about a second. It's especially noticeable when I add my shimmer pedal to the signal chain when I want that atmospheric effect and sparse chords, but I hear the drop even when I remove it entirely.

I thought it might be my compression settings but setting the threshold at zero or 20db seems to make no difference. I also tried playing with the bodyrez settings (which are still confusing to me) but again, no difference.

Any suggestion on what I can try next? Thanks!
Old 02-24-2024, 01:02 PM

Default thanks Matt!

yep t was the noise gate. Duhhhhh
Old 02-24-2024, 02:20 PM
Charter Member

Success lol! Thank goodness the guy in the second post could help the guy in the first post.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
tchelicon, tcpa