The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-16-2023, 05:43 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvl View Post
Hard to beat Tim's suggestion of Tree/LS, I've built a few guitars with that combo, never disappoints! You get the sound and you get the two best stories for collectable woods....and then there's the looks.
I've always found the combo fascinating because you are pairing maybe the most "prefect" wood (LS) with maybe the most "I must be crazy to build with this (if it's you first attempt anyway...) wood." If money is truly no object then go for the Tortoise Shell Tree as it's denser and stiffer than the less figured.
Can't go wrong with Tim building it either.

Harv
Thanks for the kind words Harv! I remember you telling me many moons ago that you also had a fondness for The Tree / LS wood combination and if you could only build with one pairing for the rest of your carrier those two woods would be it. Thanks for the tip because it's always been a very successful pairing for me too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop