The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Default Off market until fall - Aaron Andrews Eclipse Short Scale OOO Cutaway w/ K&K Trinity

Leaving for six months. I will re-post as for sale when I return.

The sell-off continues. Today it's a real favorite, my lovely, Aaron Andrews Eclipse, short-scale OOO in gorgeous, premium EIR and silky Sitka with Flame Maple accents. Aaron has been building and repairing guitars up here in the Pacific Northwest for decades, and is a true artist and severely under rated luthier.

This is a superb little guitar and an absolute blast to play. Beautifully crafted, clean build and light as a feather at 3 lbs. / 14 oz. Aaron doesn't go for a lot of bling in his builds, but check out the delicate carve on that headstock to get a sense of the quality and detail. Beauty in simplicity, for sure.

Great action and playability everywhere up and down the fretboard. Ideal for those long, relaxing couch sessions, this is an exceptionally sweet and easy-playing instrument that I almost always find myself reaching for first, regardless of what other guitars I have in my quiver.

It has more than a bit of that pre-war Martin character and flavor, which is a specialty of Aaron’s, extremely balanced through the bass, mids, and treble, and emphasizing clear and clean fundamentals. That may be why it’s my favorite when I decide to plug in. The K&K Trinity system is perfect for this little guy, you can add a lot of mic without feedback, and I spent a long time setting up the preamp’s internal EQ controls for the best possible match. I'm including the required stereo cable as you can see in the pics.

The condition is pretty much flawless, apart from one barely visible scratch in the finish that extends from below the bridge several inches down towards the bottom of the guitar. This is an extremely shallow scratch of the surface of the finish only, literally the width of a human hair, and is certainly more than reflected in the selling price. It was there when I purchased the guitar 10 years ago and it hasn’t changed at all over that period. It’s hard to see except when the light is at a certain angle, but I’ve pictured it as best I could as you’ll see below the right-hand side of the bridge in the last photo below. If you want to buff it out I’m sure you could. It never made any difference to me, so I never bothered.

The specs are as follows:

1.75 nut width, 25” scale length, 11.25” upper bout, 15.25” lower bout, 3.75” depth, build completed in 2010.

The guitar will ship in its original, hard case. I use Stew Mac’s acoustic guitar shipping system with the inflatable bladders for the safest possible shipping. The price is $1750.00 shipped anywhere in the continental US which I consider a bargain since the only other listing for a used instrument of Aaron’s I could find online was an expired Reverb ad for a double O, far plainer than this one, for which the owner was asking $4200.00. Any other fees (PayPal, etc.) are on you. As always, thanks for looking!

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by dogdog49; 04-11-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2024, 10:48 AM
Charter Member

I received a question about the neck shape and fretwear. The neck is a modern C, and the fretwear is very minimal. You can see where the strings have touched the frets on the first few frets only, but if you run your fingernail across them you can feel almost no indentation at all.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

Bump to the top....
Old 03-23-2024, 06:41 AM

For some reason the photos won’t load
Old 03-23-2024, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

Huh, sorry Chip. They show up perfectly on my end. Anyone else have this problem?

Send me a PM and maybe I can send some directly to you if you're interested.
Old 03-23-2024, 02:34 PM

I see the photos just fine.

On another note, I lived in the Pac NorWest for a decade. I had a couple guitars built by Steve Sheriff (Edwinson Guitars), one of which while he was partnered with Aaron in Seattle. I had a Martin retopped by Aaron. I also had the chance to play a few of his builds.

All I can say, is this has got to be one of the deals of the year at this point. Wow. I'm flush with guitars and actually need to sell a couple, but man-o-man-o-man whatadeal this is.

ps. I have no affiliation, but wish the seller the best.
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]
Old 03-23-2024, 09:25 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Jeff. Lots of inquiries, but I can't believe it hasn't sold yet. I guess not enough folks outside of this area have heard about Aaron's work. It's great to get a shout-out from someone who knows just how good he is.
Old 03-25-2024, 02:05 PM
Charter Member

Could you please list the string spacing at the saddle? Thanks
Old 03-25-2024, 09:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckgoodbar View Post
Could you please list the string spacing at the saddle? Thanks
It's 2 & 5/8"
Old 03-26-2024, 12:46 PM
Charter Member

Are you sure that the saddle spacing is not 2 5/16?
Old 03-28-2024, 10:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckgoodbar View Post
Are you sure that the saddle spacing is not 2 5/16?
Oops, complete typo. While the string spacing at the nut is rather wide at 1.5", the spacing at the saddle is relatively narrow at 2 & 1/8". So, the strings run just a hair straighter from nut to saddle than most of my guitars. I hadn't really noticed, but maybe that's one of the reasons I find it so exceptionally easy to play.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:49 PM
Charter Member

Bump to the top....
Old 04-01-2024, 01:24 AM
Charter Member

Hi folks. I'll be leaving for the east coast for 6 months on April 15th and I'll be taking the guitar off the market if it hasn't sold by that time. I'm really surprised it hasn't gone already, but I'll be glad to have it here on my return if nobody pulls the trigger. Just a heads up in case somebody out there is on the fence that it won't be available much longer.
Old 04-07-2024, 02:36 PM
Charter Member

Bump to the top. I leave on Monday the 15th, so if it doesn't sell by Friday, I'll have to end the sale.
Old 04-07-2024, 09:50 PM

Where are u in Oregon?
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars