The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-23-2024, 09:16 PM

There's a reason lots of touring pros use them:

Good, reliable electronics
Easy to play
Consistency from guitar to guitar

I love my Taylors!
Old 03-23-2024, 09:23 PM

I found my Taylor was too bright for my changing tastes, but I had some work done and changed to Optima silver strings, and now I love the sound again.
Taylor also has a worldwide service network. They are the opposite of Fender, which could not care less about anyone in Asia. Taylor in the US actually contacted a local Asian service center and told them to contact me and get the guitar serviced, which they did promptly and well.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:31 PM

I have a Taylor 517e WHB. Sounds great, love the way it looks, it is easy to play and the quality is topnotch.
Old 03-24-2024, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk2Me View Post
Just because you have other guitars that don't show the same amount of wear doesn't mean you're NOT "pressing too hard". It just may be (and I actually believe it to be true) that Taylor uses some kind of softer metal for their fretwire. Not a ton softer (I have a 2006 that might just be getting to that wear point only just now) but enough that you might just be wearing it down with the pressure. Did you talk to Taylor customer service at the factory or was it an authorized repair place? 2 years certainly seems like a short time though it may be "normal" although now that it's been 5 you might get a different answer. Or not. But, as stated, what you have an issue with is "warranty" and not CS specifically. The CS reps can only do what warranty tells them is OK. Were they rude about it or did they just tell you "normal wear and tear" during the "no" and that seems like poor CS to you?
It was just about a year that I owned the 214 and played it casually. The response from Taylor was impersonal, being conducted thru email messages and pictures. No was the answer regarding warranty. Who do you mean, "CS"? I talked directly to Taylor through their website. Other guitars I have played over the years do not show the same wear. So I guess its safe to conclude that Taylors are not made for all kinds of players, while some other kinds of manufactured guitars are.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion