The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 12-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticDreams View Post
G

While I have not done it...I also know that I can very easily program in Logic to change speeds at various parts of the song. Again...still in the same timing signature.
Sure, you can change time signatures, as well as tempo, and it can be sudden, or slow. When I used to do more multi-track band-type stuff, I'd often program in gradual changes. Like maybe the verse is 120, and I'd make the chorus jump to 122 and then ramp over the chorus to 125, then drop back to 120 again for the 2nd verse. Trying to simulate a band sort of naturally rushing a bit. Seemed to work.

BTW, Logic can also analyze an existing track and create a tempo map, basically following any time changes. Then you can turn on the click and it will follow the existing music. Sometimes it works well, tho depending on how steady the music is, it can be a bit odd to follow a click that's jumping around.

I did a track for a friend recently that was constant tempo, but changed time signatures all over the place. I could have just used a straight click and not worried about time signatures, but it was helpful to have the click emphasizing 1 as the signatures changed, so programming in the time signatures made that happen. It was cool that Logic's virtual drummer actually followed that as well, so it played a reasonable 5/8, 3/8, 7/4, etc, when those measures hit.
Old 12-10-2023, 06:03 PM

Hi all,
I've been practicing to a metronome lately and find it less challenging, thankfully. Thank you all for your suggestions of doing 1/2 bpm so it seems less stressful. I recorded this using a clicktrack but sang with guitar at the same time. It's not perfect, but I think timing is less of an issue now than before.

https://youtu.be/sAjxtPSa-i8

Cheers,
HV
2019 Emerald X20ele
2020 Martin D-15M
2002 Taylor 714
2021 Iris DF
2005 Breedlove Revival OM M

https://www.youtube.com/@revelrove

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD