The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-10-2022, 01:06 AM

Default Anyone use a ZT Lunchbox?

There is one going on Reverb- a ZT lunchbox acoustic. I think these were highly thought of at one time, but does anyone use one? What is your honest opinion? Looking to use it for fingerstyle playing at small cafe gigs

Robbie
Huss and Dalton T-0014 (ex Albert Lee)
Brook Lamorna (2022) (borrowed)
Jose Marques custom OM (borrowed)
Old 08-10-2022, 06:41 AM

I've owned one in the past. Quite a few years ago. My recollection is that it was competitive with other similar amps. If it has the right features and price for your application, then it will work fine.

My preference for quite some time, has been a low end powered PA speaker. I've been using a QSC CP-8 for the last four years. I have plenty of tone control on my guitar and pedals, and never EQ a vocal mic. Feature wise it works for me and is a step up in full range, flat response performance from any guitar amp. Setting the back side EQ appropriately, it works well on the floor or a pole.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields
Old 08-10-2022, 07:41 AM
Charter Member

My experience with one is vicarious and not too positive, but for your purposes it might fit the bill. The lead guitar player in a worship team I played bass with used one. He was always way too loud (standing directly in from of a 600w SVT bass amp, I couldn't hear myself play!) so it's likely not the amp's fault, but that tells me these little guys have plenty of volume.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Dweller View Post
There is one going on Reverb- a ZT lunchbox acoustic. I think these were highly thought of at one time, but does anyone use one? What is your honest opinion? Looking to use it for fingerstyle playing at small cafe gigs

Robbie
Hi Robbie
I had one, and it was just too small for anything larger than a living room.

Actually, I sold it to a classical player, who loves it as a reinforcement (not overpowering a room, just making the guitar audible).

A QSC 8" powered speaker is a much better choice. Not only can you play through it, you can sing through it, or play a bass or keyboard.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

Last edited by ljguitar; 08-10-2022 at 08:36 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification