The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-28-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikey View Post
I'm sure you wouldn't because you're putting your words in my mouth. I said as a blanket notion, I don't buy this "consensus of established objective standards" when it comes to music and guitars. Nice try, but I don't want to say what someone wants me to say for the sake of reaching "consensus." But if you want to say that there is definitely "consensus of established objective standards," I would like you to expound on that (see questions in my above post).
Seeing as you are quoting yourself, rather than me, and asking me to expound on it, and taking that together with the nature of your question list, I sense a futile exercise rather than a constructive dialog looming, and will decline. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Last edited by Howard Klepper; 10-28-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjes View Post
Tim,

Just to make sure I understand. You're saying to push on the bridge? Not on the lower bout or belly, correct?

Regards,

Jesse
Yes, use your thumb to press on top of the bridge, pressing inward, towards your stomach. At that angle it difficult to generate much force with your arm / hand / thumb but it is enough to tell if the bridge moves or ... not.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Klepper View Post
Seeing as you are quoting yourself, rather than me, and asking me to expound on it, and taking that together with the nature of your question list, I sense a futile exercise rather than a constructive dialog looming, and will decline. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
Quoting myself? No, I quoted you. And I clarified what I said in my previous post so you would have some better understanding. But we do have consensus that this is futile.
Old 02-17-2019, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck62 View Post
Here's an example on an overbuilt guitar....

no sorry tha's an outboard guitar.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:02 AM

Under built----No weigh!
Old 02-17-2019, 01:57 PM

Please define "overbuilt" and "underbuilt"

Overbuilt has one less letter in it than underbuilt. You would think it would be the other way around, wouldn't you?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion