The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-17-2019, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Default So it looks like a D Jr blowout

Looks like Music 123 is getting rid of their D Jr stock and selling them all as b-stock for well under $500 and free shipping. I've gotten dome B-stock stuff from them and it's always been new. Worth a look if you want a cheap D Jr.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/acous...0&query=D%20jr
Old 02-17-2019, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

They always have B-stocks for many popular guitars as they sell are the ones that are opened and returned. I don’t think this is about the old models being discontinued and the prices aren’t even very good.

I think enough people will want the deep body they may not even need to blow the out.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:04 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr81dorn View Post
They always have B-stocks for many popular guitars as they sell are the ones that are opened and returned. I don’t think this is about the old models being discontinued and the prices aren’t even very good.

I think enough people will want the deep body they may not even need to blow the out.
They were discontinued by Martin. If you could point me to one that was less expensive, I'd be interested (and, frankly, astonished).
Old 02-17-2019, 08:17 AM

Yes, there are nine sitka/sapele only acoustic selling at $ 385.00!
Old 02-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

They point I’m making is that this is the same amount of B-Stock Martin JRs they always have for sale and the price is pretty much what they usually sell them for. They have B-stock in many other models with similar discounted prices and those items aren’t discontinued or close outs. Go back a few months before the announcement of the new model and that inventory of B-stocks looked nearly identical.

MusiciansFriend rotuninely offers. 20% off coupon on brand new ones, so you’d always been able to get a brand new one (not open box, scratches, etc as these are advertised) for virtually the same price. Many smaller dealers would offer similar discounts since this guitar came into existence and will on the thin body updated version.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion