The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-21-2022, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

Location: alpha quadrant of the Milky Way galaxy, planet Earth, upstate NY
Default CD Jewel Case insert & label software, Mac

For years I used Magic Mouse by Discus, but they stopped creating new updates when Mac OS X came along. I had been dragging out an old old computer that was compatible, but I'd like to know of current software that is relatively intuitive for creating Jewel case inserts and CD label software for a Mac. I've tried Swift Publisher by Belight Software. I have found it unintuitive, and it freezes when I quit it. There is not enough instruction online. I have contacted them by email and they've responded. But I'm constantly hitting walls and getting frustrated. Thanks.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 05-21-2022, 09:46 AM

I've never used it on a mac, but iTunes has the feature to make CD case inserts. I did it a lot a few years ago for demo CD's for bands I was in and for some friends.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:54 AM

I believe Avery (the label company) has templates for CD labels and inserts. Its done on their website so you dont download apps onto your computer, and I believe they sell the paper and labels for printing.

i've used the Avery site to make wine labels. name badges, and other things, and its not intuitive either, but it beats buying more software.

avery.com
Old 05-21-2022, 05:39 PM
Charter Member

Thanks Mandobart and the Watchman. I will check these out.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down, “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life. —John Lennon
Old 05-22-2022, 03:18 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
I believe Avery (the label company) has templates for CD labels and inserts. Its done on their website so you dont download apps onto your computer, and I believe they sell the paper and labels for printing.

i've used the Avery site to make wine labels. name badges, and other things, and its not intuitive either, but it beats buying more software.

avery.com

Unfortunately, Avery is no longer making Avery® CD Label & Insert Combo Sheets, Permanent Adhesive, Matte, 20 Disc Labels and 20 Front Inserts (8696).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic