The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 04-29-2022, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjangoTango View Post
I've been playing steel string guitars for years (both electric and acoustic) but would like to add a nylon string. Never owned one so I have no familiarity with them. I would like to stay away from the wider necks, so something < 2" would be preferred. I really like baroque, flamenco, jazz and looking for a tone close to Sting's "Fragile" or "Shape Of My Heart". He plays a Guild Paloma but I've been looking for one forever and haven't located one.

In the overall tone scheme, are brand and type of strings for nylon a big factor in tone? I would think so but wanted to ask.

Any recommendations? Budget would probably be under $2000.

Thanks!
Do use the search function and read some of the posts relating to crossover guitar, there are many.

Here's a bit of info about Crossover and my choice of a Cordoba Orchestra Fusion:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160406...Crossover.html
Old 04-29-2022, 02:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger9 View Post
My apologies. It's a FUSION 12. The early posts were talking about "hybrids" (fusions), so my mind just went right there. It's a Fusion 12. I wanted the fusion/crossover/hybrid geometries.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks!

I may go that route eventually as well. I have an ESP LTD TL-6N which is essentially a nylon crossover electric. It is pretty quiet unplugged, but not as quiet as a silent guitar. Crossover neck/nut at 48mm. It is good for home practice and learning nylon. It sounds fine plugged in as well.

What I am learning from it, however, is that I want a regular classical guitar body, not this thin electric style I have. But right now it is fine because I really can’t practice loudly often.

Old 04-30-2022, 03:12 PM

Thanks for all the replies.....learning as I go.......kind of leaning towards a Cordoba C5 CET Limited. Start with an entry level to see if I like it, and if I enjoy and outgrow it (or think I have ), go from there.
Old 04-30-2022, 03:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies.....learning as I go.......kind of leaning towards a Cordoba C5 CET Limited. Start with an entry level to see if I like it, and if I enjoy and outgrow it (or think I have ), go from there.

I think that is a nice guitar at a nicer price. I tried one in a GC and it played very well.
Old 05-16-2022, 03:54 PM

Ended up buying a Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple. Should arrive sometime this week. Thanks to all for the great advice!!!!!
Old 05-17-2022, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Ended up buying a Cordoba Fusion 12 Maple. Should arrive sometime this week. Thanks to all for the great advice!!!!!
Let us know how you like it!
2023 Traveler Redlands Spruce Concert

"Just play today. The rest will work itself out." - Bob from Brooklyn
Old 05-24-2022, 03:29 PM

Nice guitar, maintains the Spanish Classical sound output with tailor-made steel string players in mind. Check out demo on link:
https://www.cordobaguitars.com/guitars/12-maple/

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical