The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-10-2022, 06:50 PM

Default fishman330 expander

hi ; any of you fishman solo amp user have the expander yet? may buy one for gigs coming up.
Old 05-11-2022, 04:59 PM

I've had one for about a year and a half. Works great for us. Electric piano goes into the expander, vocal mic #2 goes into it also, and a powered Peavey speaker with Yamaha mixer (for acoustic guitar/cordless mic) goes into it. It all comes out of the Fishman tower. We love the sound.

I haven't traveled with it, but the first time I put the whole thing up from the start clocked in at about 11 minutes.

I'm really sold on the whole Fishman 330 system. We have the bass speaker also.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:48 PM

well i guess not many people are interested in this but just to let ya know ; i ordered the Expander and [like everything these days ] it is on back order till sometime in july.... oh well.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
well i guess not many people are interested in this but just to let ya know ; i ordered the Expander and [like everything these days ] it is on back order till sometime in july.... oh well.
Good luck! There aren't a ton of SA330x users here--although it's very highly regarded--and I imagine there are even fewer with the expander. Looks like a no-brainer to me. Hope you report back no later than July!
Old 05-15-2022, 05:05 PM

The SA Expand unit is a very good thing to have with the SA330x.
The SA Sub less so for acoustic music.
I use the sub more as a small footprint support base for the main unit on small stages.

It does seem to be currently out of stock everywhere. Bummer. Good luck getting yours.

_Roger
Old 05-16-2022, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesore View Post
hi ; any of you fishman solo amp user have the expander yet? may buy one for gigs coming up.
I have a 330x. It's out for repair/possible replacement at the moment. But, I tried to get the expander and couldn't find it anywhere this year. So, I ended up ordering the Yamaha MG10XU. So when I need more channels or mixing, I can use the Yamaha with either the 330x and/or the K8.2 I have.
Old 05-24-2022, 10:25 PM

I have both the sub and expander. Both work well and the sub does add depth, but you need to adjust the cutover.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification